Saturday, November 18, 2006

I slept for 13 hours!

by teresa

I had a busy day yesterday.

Many errands...school...pharmacy...etc.

Then I met my friend Barbara for a lunch date. We went to the place we used to go to lunch at when we were working gals. We call it "shmoke-no-shmoke" because that's what the hostess would ask when you walked in the door. She was saying "smoking or non smoking"...but it came out "shmoke-no-shmoke". We ate and chatted for over 2 hours. She invited me over next Wed. night to pick up some homemade pies she is making for me and the family for thatnksgiving. Yum!

I had the evening all to myself. Nick and Chris went to the ODU game...Lauren worked...and Ben spent the night with mom. Because Kai was spending the night, she asked if Ben would like to also. Of course he jumped at the chance to be with his best buddy Kai.
So there I was...all alone. And what did I do? I went to bed! I planned on reading in bed...and maybe watching some tv. So I went up around 8:00pm...and clicked on the tv. Nothing good was on..so I turned it off . I fell asleep pretty quickly...and didn't even hear the family come home. I woke up at 9:30am....13 hours later. Have mercy! I haven't slept that long in years. It was nice.

Today I plan to clean a little and run to the grocery store to pick up something to make for the potluck dinner at church tomorrow. There is lots of good college football on later....so we will be home the rest of the day. If it gets cold enough tonight we will make a fire in the fire pit and roast mallows.

Be blessed!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you slept good. I slept in the living room chair last night, Ben slept on the couch and Kai slept in my bed with Grandaddy.
Even though I was in the chair, I slept pretty well.