Wednesday, November 08, 2006

my dignity ain't all I lost tonight.

by teresa

Tonight was....interesting.

The kids looooved scrimmaging the parents.

Let me just say it had rained all day long....so the field was a muddy mess.

Me no likey!

Within the first minute my butt became aquainted with the ground. I had mud all over me. Everyone laughed. What a doofus! Bye bye dignity!

Then once while trying to catch the ball before it went out of bounds I did one of those cartoon slip and slide dances when my feet hit the mud. I looked like I climbing up some invisible stairs. More laughing. Like I said...what a doofus!

The parents ended up winning 6 to 2 (even with me on the team). Everybody groaned when I said our hour on the field was up...they were having a blast. I am really going to miss this group of parents and kids.

Now for the drama.

I realized as I was scooping up all the ball that I couldn't find my keys. I looked everywhere to no avail. I figured maybe I lost them somewhere when I James Brown split in the mud. But no...they were not there. Poop! By the time I made it to the parking lot most of the parents had left. They helped me look through the ball bag and around the car and then I remembered something. Lauren had brought the soccer equipment to the field (I had forgotten to load it in my car) in my minivan...while I drove the rental car. I had hopped out of the car and opened the back of the van with my keys while she sat in the car about to head to church. Maybe I had left them in the back of the van. My phone was locked in the car so I borrowed one fo the parents. I called her at church (she was in class). When she answered and I told her I needed her to go downstairs and look for my keys she grumbled and hung up on me. I told the parents she had hung up and I needed to call her back. So I did and she was all...WHAAAT? I asked if she was going down and she said yes. I told her to stay on the phone because I was on someone elses phone and I didn't want to have to call her back. She hung up. Grrr! I called for the third time. Once again she was all...Whaaat? She was out in the parking lot and went up to the minivan and then said...NO they are not sticking out of the keyhole. I asked if they were inside the back. She said...I didn't bring down the keys, they are up in class. Now I have to go all the way back up and get them. She was mad at me for interrupting class. We hung up and I asked if one of the parents could give Ben and I a ride home and I would call Lauren back from there. On our way out of the parking lot Lauren called back and said yes...they were in the back of the minivan. Phew! Thank you Lord! I said great....can you bring them to me. She said a no. I can't leave now. I have Stephanie at church with me and I would have to take her home and miss class. I was like...well...I'm sorry to cramp your plans but I need the keys NOW! She kept whining and then said ...Katy will bring them to you...and then hung up again. Katy had just arrived at church and saw her heading in the building and overheard our conversation. So my sister brought me the keys and took me up to get my car. Lauren stayed at church. It is now 9:16pm...Lauren got home 16 minutes ago as I was typing this post. I locked the deadbolt (she doesn't have a deadbolt key) and cut off all the lights like we went ot bed. She keeps ringing the door bell....but I just sit here. Let her see how it feels! Oh don't get your panties in a bunch....I will let her in, in a couple more minutes. Brat!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

When she couldn't get into your house she came over here (just like you thought she would). I spanked her for you (hurt my hand, too).

Gidget said...

hahahahaha
your funny mom