Friday, November 17, 2006

thar he blows...

by teresa

My house smells like vomit right now.

I know...it's a little early in the morning to be speaking of puking. But...that's my life people. Whaddayagunnado? You scoop up....spray down...mop up....lysol...repeat.

Last night Ben was invited into Lauren's bed for the third night in a row. I know we have mentioned before that he used to sleep with her most nights of the week for awhile there. But sometime around the first of the year Lauren put an end to it. So when he was invited back this week...he was thrilled. Lauren said he would snuggle close to her...and fall right to sleep. He would wake in the morning and tell me how great he sleep with sissy. So last night as I was putting him to bed he asked her if he could sleep in there again...and she said sure. He smiled and hopped in with her. About 3 hours later Lauren comes into my room..."mom...Ben just puked!" I was asleep and jumped to attention. I went in sissy's room and saw Ben's handywork. Gross...stink...blah! It was everywhere. Bed,pillows(4),floor,comforters(2),sheet,even on her canopy. Good grief! Lauren was very grumpy from being woke up and puked on....she climbed into my bed while I ran down stairs for my equipment (bucket, papertowels,sponges,carpet cleaner,trashbags,fabreeze). It was around 11:30...and I finished about an hour later. Chris...who had gotten home from a church meeting minutes before was downstairs. So I sent Ben to him. He got him taken care of and bunked down in his own bed. I put a trashcan next to his bed is he needed it (which he did many, many times) and headed downstairs to begin my all night laundry party. I took my blanket and pillow and slept on the couch to be closer to the festivities. Chris was like....you don't have to do that....it will all be there in the morning. EXACTLY! It will be sitting there....piled up...stinking...hardening and waiting for me. I'd rather get it taken care of now...so I won't get behind on all the chores around here.
Lauren woke this morning sick too. Great. I called into Ben's school and told them Ben AND Lauren wouldn't be there today. Lauren has been student teaching in a kindergarten class at Ben's school for the past two weeks. So I had to call for both of them.
I have some errands and lunch with a friend today....so her being home sick was actually a BIG help to me. :0)

I am off to continue my party. Only two tubs to go (stupid HUGE comforters).

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I suppose it was just a matter of time before the family bug got to Ben and Lauren. Hope everyone is feeling better soon.

Anonymous said...

I'm surprised Lauren got sick. It doesn't seem to ever get passed to her.

That's really funny that you had to call Norfolk Highlands Primary School to let them know Lauren was sick.

Anonymous said...

Vomit is the worst.

Praying that everyone stays well so you guys can have a great Thanksgiving.

Blessings