Friday, November 24, 2006

This House Is . . . Not Clean

By Chris

Another miserable night to report thanks to the super stomach-headache-throat virus of 2006! I was feeling a bit better and tried a little Thanksgiving leftovers. Let's just say, they evacuated quickly, but through a different exit than the earlier-in-the-week evacuations, with slightly less pain. Can't you see the little virus leader bug in my tummy:

"Ha ha ha ha. Look boys, this fool thinks he can eat again! We let the crackers and ginger ale slide, but this mac n' cheese and turkey has got to go. Let's make sure he won't want to eat that again until next Thanksgiving. Quick, send the meal out the back door and the rest of you guys go stick your thorny feet into his throat!!"

I stayed up all night watching Jeffersons, Leave It To Beaver and Sportscenter downstairs because Teresa had it much worse than me upstairs. That's right. It came back on her. Bad. Bad like I had it all week. I have never heard of something so persistent as this. I have also never had something that made you sick to your stomach and head \ throat simultaneously. Some have said we are "passing it back and forth." I have it on pretty good authority that such a scenario is really not possible. You only can get the same virus once. Ever. This is just an extremely persistent one, that goes into hiding. I've pulled myself up today, and even managed to venture outside of the house with the boys for a while. Which has now made me feel like I ran a marathon. No energy. Zero. Like, the worst energy-zapped feeling I have ever felt. It's not tired. Just drained. Still no sign that Teresa can even get out of the bed yet, so I guess I have it better than her for now.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am sorry that all of you have been so sick for the past several weeks. I pray that you'll all get well and stay well very soon.

Anonymous said...

I will be praying for your family.

Feel better soon.

Blessings
Lisa