Sunday, December 31, 2006

anyone for smores?

by teresa

Great weather here yesterday. Clear skies and chilly (still not winter cold....but sweatshirt weather). Nick went over to George and Jackies to work on some merit badge stuff with George for Royal Rangers...so Ben and Chris went outside to do some basketball drills. The season is only a week away (evaluations are Saturday) and Chris wanted to see what Ben needed to work on. They had a great time....and Ben is naturally skilled. It's sad really. Nick tries and tries and practices and practices at something....and then Ben goes out on his first try and nails it. Are any of your kids like that? Natural athletes? Lauren and Nick were never like that. So we are quite taken aback by Ben. Don't get me wrong...it's pretty exhilarating for a parent...just foreign to us.








Anyway...we had a good time playing outside. Well... they were playing...I was sitting at the table on my laptop and snapping pictures when they weren't looking. It was so nice out, we decided to grill. So I ran out to the grocery store and picked up some steaks and stuff. When I came back Ben informed me that when him and Dad went to get the grill ready they realized the propane tank was empty. Apparently someone had turned it on and left it. I was so dissappointed. A steak on the grill sounded so good. Today we will go get some propane and maybe grill out tomorrow. It's going to be almost 70 degrees on New Years day....perfect for playing outside and grilling out.
Last night (around 9:30pm) Lauren's friends (six of them) came over to hang out. Chris made them a fire and they sat outside and played basketball and made smores and weiners till after 11:00pm. I'm sure my mom and dad were entertained by their laughing and ball bouncing. Sorry :0)














Tonight we will make our New Years fire (which we have done every year since I was pregnant with Ben). In the beginning it was all about writing down things we would like to change about ourselves. Bad attitudes...sibling rivalry...impatience or nagging... and throwing it in the fire. Now it's about that too....but more about the smores and weiners on a stick. It all comes down to food with this family. :0)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful New Year's Eve tradition.

I so enjoy reading your blog. You ahve a sucha special family. You are truly blessed.

Blessings into the New Year!
Lisa

Anonymous said...

I heard the ball bouncing just a little bit, so I closed the window and fell asleep. It was nice to see the kids having so much fun.