Saturday, December 02, 2006

Ben's a chick magnet

by teresa

The karate dojo had and all night lock-in last night. For Ben's age they had to be picked up at 10:00pm last night. They boys had a blast. Ben was very reluctant to leave when we arrived. When we found him (there are several rooms) he was sitting on the floor with four teenage girls playing Catch Phrase. They were all pretty and giggly and crowded around him. I don't think I've seen a bigger smile on his face.
Nick was doing Judo with some other boys his age....and he was excited to continue the night after we left. When I picked him up at 6:45 this morning (it ended at 7:00am) he was wired and giddy(the result of pizza, donuts and mountain dew for the past fourteen hours). All the kids (there must have been 60) were vacuuming, mopping and scrubbing every inch of the dojo (I can't even imagine how trashed it was). I can't believe it....but he is still up and watching tv right now. He will crash soon...and it ain't gonna be pretty!
My Uncle Jim and Aunt Beth are coming around noon today. I am excited to see them and their boys. Mom has been cooking all night for our dinner tonight. She is making my Aunt Alice's spagetti sauce and meatballs. Yum! Aunt Alice (my Nanny's sister) and Uncle Dominic ran a FANTASTIC italian resaurant(Ciola's) in Virginia Beach for like 50 years. Dom passed away a few years ago and this summer Alice gave my mother the restaurants recipe (with the stipulation to never share it with anyone). Too funny!
It is finally cold here this morning. I have been in capris and short sleeve shirts all week with our temperatures in the high 70's. But thanks to the little cold front that moved through yesterday I can break out my comfy sweatshirt and jeans today.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great idea ... getting the kids to clean up the dojo. We need to do that at church ... with adults too.

Anonymous said...

Ben a chick magnet? You bet. He's getting in practice for being a teenager.

Anonymous said...

Ben is a real cutie. He looks just like his Daddy and Nanny Jackie. Sounds like both kids had a really great time at the Dojo.

I enjoyed our weekend and the spaghetti.

Kritika said...

>. If you want, we can help each other in the process process or searching for sales automation then we can also help you here also to provide crm software.