Sunday, December 10, 2006

by teresa

It's funny how I can hardly pry my kids out of bed most mornings. But put some sausage in a frying pan....and they run down from their rooms like their beds were on fire.

Church doesn't start till 10:30...but we got up early to let Nick practice his karate demo he is performing in Kids Church today. It's the kids talent day...and Ben and Nick were supposed to perform...but Ben chickened out. Oh well...Nick is cool with doing it on his own. I will try to get a few pictures...but I don't want to freak Nick out (he is a bit nervous).

After church we are all coming home. Usually we all go our separate ways (Lauren w/ the teens, Nick with his friend Josh, Ben with Jackie) ...but they have some cleaning to do (the garage and yard...and Lauren's pig sty of a car). I am also feeling the need for "family board game fun". But I don't know how that will go over yet.

The repairman came out and fixed our heater yesterday (temporarily). It really needs a new motor (and he is calling with an estimate next week)...but he fixed it enough so that we won't freeze to death this weekend.

Nick had a great experience helping with Operation blessing yesterday. He said,"Mom, I got to hand them their toys!" "They were so happy to get them and they opened them right up and started screaming." He said there were lots of bikes and PS2's and MP3 players. He also said the food was yummy and plentiful. I'm so glad he was asked to help. He was giddy the whole ride home. Then he came in...layed on the couch and fell asleep from 4:00pm-8:30pm. Then he got up...went upstairs...got in his jammies...turned on the radio and went back to bed till 7:00 this morning. Good grief!

Well...I'm off to flip my hair, powder my face and throw on some pantyhose. Cause it's off to church we go.

Later

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I wish I could have seen the kids' talent show, but I heard it was videotaped and that we might get to see it sometime.

It's really great that Nick enjoyed taking part in the Operation Blessing Christmas party. It sure feels great to bless others and see how appreciative the kids who received the gifts were.