Tuesday, December 19, 2006

cream cheese icing...it's a good thing!

by teresa

Sunday afternoon, as we were eating lunch, our neighbor James brought us a plate of homemade goodies. He had baked a pumpkin roll with cream chesses icing and dipped some pretzels in white chocolate. We enjoyed them after lunch...and let me tell you....it was soooo good. He had put tons of icing in the roll and it kinda tasted like carrot cake. The plate was piled high....even after we had eaten. I was a very happy lady. Do I love cream cheese icing you ask? Yes I do! I even took a picture of it.



While cleaning up the kitchen after lunch I moved the plate of yummies to the table because Lauren was going a little overboard spraying the counters off....and I didn't want MY treats to be contaminated with Clorox.

We walked out of the room...and a few minutes later I hear Lauren scream...SHHOOOOORRRRTTTY!

Alarmed...
I sprang from the couch to see what was the matter.
Away to the kitchen I flew like a flash,
Stepped on a matchbox car and threw out my back.
When, what to my wondering eyes should appear,
But a empty red plate, just some crumbs laying near,
Table runner pulled down, and the plate on the floor,
I knew in a moment it must be SHORT!

That dang blasted (pardon my language) dog!!

He ate it all gone. I was so mad. I yelled...snatched and threw (well..actually I lured him with a peice of cheese) him in the garage. Not just for awhile either. For the rest of the day...and all night. The dig had sinned....and he needed to be punished.

Yesterday my neighbor asked how we like his treats. I told him we loved it...but that Shorty ate the leftovers. He laughed...and brought over a new plate. Yipee!

This time I put it on the counter...pushed way to the back.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hahahaha! Your Dad is going to love this story. Sounds like something Brandy would have done. One time he ate a huge hunk of pepper jack cheese off the coffee table during a party. I'm glad your neighbor was able to replace it. Now all you have to worry about are the kids. It's Wednesday morning ... are your plate of goodies still there? :)

Anonymous said...

It's so cool how you and all your neighbors are all so ... well ... neighborly. You don't see that much anymore.