Monday, December 25, 2006

Don't forget!

I had a birthday party, most everybody came.

They danced and ate and had a ball
But no one spoke My name.

They gave each other presents, as nice as they could be.

People came from far and near, But no one mentioned Me.

The stores were filled with shoppers,
The restaurants crowded out,

But no one seemed to really know what the party was about.

They talked about a reindeer. I think Rudolph was his name.

Then someone mentioned "Jesus"
And they hung their heads in shame.

You see, it was My birthday.

They didn't even know.

That is why from heaven My heart is grieving so.

I came to earth from heaven on that first Christmas day--
Born in a lowly manger From sin to show the way.

I died one day on Calvary, on a cruel Roman cross

To save a world of sinners From a life of awful loss.

When you next have a party, with presents, friends and tree,

Remember Me, your Savior Whose birth has set you free.

-- Jesus

PS: I am coming again soon.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas friend!

God Bless you and yours.

Lisa

Anonymous said...

Awesome! Merry Christmas ...we love you.

Anonymous said...

It's all about YOU, LORD!

Happy Birthday!