Tuesday, December 12, 2006

I'm not going to vacuum until Sears makes one you can ride on.

by teresa

What a crummy week this has turned out to be.

The heater broke AGAIN! The repairmans quick fix (that was supposed to last through the winter) broke in a couple of hours. He will now be coming on Thursday to install a new motor and blower. All to the tune of over $300! Nice.

We took Lauren's car to our mechanic yesterday to have an antifreeze leak fixed. Two hours later he called to let me know she needed a new thermostat and gasket and such and such. All to the tune of over $350! Nice.
Lauren is paying it mind you...but she only had $189 now(her last paycheck). So she will pay us back over the next couple months. She was disappointed(she had big Christmas plans for her money...don't we all)...but she needs to be taught when you have a car (or kids or house) THINGS HAPPEN. Unexpected things that cost an arm and a leg...and they usually happen at the most inopportune times. That's why you should SAVE some of your money each month and not spend it so frivolously on food and junk. She has learned the hard way....but it will make her all the more responsible and financially savvy in the future.

She hung the mechanics bill on the fridge and subtracted her $189 from the total. Last night she babysat for our youth pastor and his wife. She got home and put the money on the fridge and deducted another $20. She also said she will pick up some extra shifts at Target if she can. I think the weight of debt is already making her uncomfortable (and it's only been 24 hours). Lesson learned! *mom and dad pat themselves on the back*

To add to my already fun day...I also cleaned the bathroom yesterday. Notice I said bathroom...not bathrooms. My intention was to clean both. But after two and a half hours of scrubbing bathroom number one...I figured I would spread the fun out over a couple of days. Lauren had cleaned the bathrooms on Sunday. And what a fine job she did too *sarcasm*. So I decided to go full attack on the soap scum...hair and dust tumble weeds...and volcano of trash spewing from the top of the trashcan that no one but me ever empties. There were balled up tissues and q-tips scattered all around the can where people tossed them and missed....AND THEN DIDN'T BOTHER TO PICK UP! I enlisted the help of my arsenal of cleaning products. This and this and this and this and this. And I even installed this baby to sit watch on any incoming filth. I'm surprised my house didn't explode from the mix of all the chemicals. But it sure looks shiny and smells good let me tell ya. I am going to rent one of those port-a-pottys for the backyard...so now one will ever mess up MY bathroom again (pigs). I will tackle bathroom number two later today. I also need to run the vacuum today. But I have come to the conclusion that my vacuum sucks (which actually means it doesn't suck). I am going on a vacuum strike...until I am supplied with one of these babies. I am dyson...hear me ROAR!

I will now go and wake up the middle child for school.

Hasta la vista...baby.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the shower sprayer... I'm going to have to get me one of those. I'm sure you will be hearing from George for giving me the idea.

Anonymous said...

Hey ... I thing the porta-potty in the backyard is the perfect solution. You should go for it.

Anonymous said...

Your dad has a port-a-potty behind the garage (ha ha).