Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Last Road Update of the Year

By Chris

I've seen my last 6 a.m. Atlanta plane of the year! There's a quick trip to Raleigh still on the calendar, but that's not really traveling. In fact, I don't count a day as a real travel day if I get to sleep until at least 5 a.m. I get a lot of questions about how in the world I do those long days. A lot of people think I must be absolutely miserable. But, it's funny how you get used to doing whatever it is that life calls you to do (or, whatever God blesses you with being able to do, really) when you put on the right attitude. It may sound strange, but I've gotten into a habit of thanking God for my frequent 3:45 a.m. starts the second I wake up. It's automatic now . . . before I can even think about dreading early start or longing to catch a few more winks. Habits (good and bad) work that way. Our dialogue goes something like: "Good morning Lord. Thank you! It's 3:45 and you've given me this job, and this opportunity to make a difference today, and me and you are the only ones awake around here and I am going to be happy about it. Your mercies are new every morning . . . even when they sart at 3:45. And, if you could make the plane trip not-to-bumpy, that would be great!" I'm pretty sure a time is coming when 3:45 starts are not in the plan, and I'll be thankful for that too!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great attitude. I'm sure God loves hearing from you everyday.

Gidget said...

That was nice honey.
You made me cry.
We all appreciate everything you do for our family.
Love ya...and can't wait till you get home later tonight.

Anonymous said...

I'm so very proud of you! You made me cry too ... and ... reminded me how blessed I am.