Tuesday, December 19, 2006

The smell of pinesol makes me smile

by teresa

Yesterday was a blur of errands...and house cleaning.

I had planned on going all TURBO MOM and getting it all done before the kids got home from school. But, Ben's principal called in the morning and asked if I could be a lunch monitor. Apparently both of the regulars were sick or something. So I had to run my errands after I dropped the kids off at school....then do the lunch thing (do you know they begin lunch rotations at 10:30am?) until 1:00pm.

So cleaning had to wait until the house destroyers...I mean....the boys got home.

But Lauren really helped me out in a big way.

When Ben got home she took him to Target with her. I had a bag of stuff that needed to be taken back (didn't fit right) so she did that for me.

Once Nick got home the boys changed into karate duds and Lauren took them to lessons and then out to eat dinner(with my checkcard:0).

It gave me several hours to dust(upstairs and down), vacuum(upstairs and down), scrub bathrooms, mop all floors, put away all clothes (hampers are EMPTY now),run and unload dishwasher, and completely rearrange the boys room.

I separated their beds to opposite sides of the room and moved the dressers to another wall. I pushed Ben's desk by the window and hung all the boys posters I have been promising to hang. Ben's were High School Musical and his school banner. Nick's were a map of the United States and The Solar System. As I moved the furniture I scrubbed the walls and baseboards and dusted everywhere. It was so gross under and behind it all. I found so many Nutrigrain bar wrappers and empty juice cartons and gum and chewed up straws. PIGS!

The boys were beyond ecstatic when they came home and saw the room. I swear they actually went to bed better and got along with the room like this. Their beds used to be side by side....and they would pick at each other constantly. I also removed the playstation from their room and put it back downstairs. Nick moved it up there a month ago against my wishes. It's too much of a distraction in the bedroom. He would sneak and play it at night....as soon as he opened his eyes in the morning...and when he was supposed to be getting dressed in the morning. When it was downstairs he never even thought to play it except on weekends every now and then.

So back down it came! No kid needs to play video games that much!

I will post pictures of the room change later.

I must go and finish getting ready. I have a big day ahead of me. Fun...but busy. I will blog about it later.

*peace out*

No comments: