Tuesday, January 30, 2007

How old are you again? And what's your name?

by teresa
One thing they never tell you about child raising is that for the rest of your life, at the drop of a hat, you are expected to know your child's name and how old he or she is. -Erma Bombeck

We went to a restaurant the other day and the hostess asked, "how old are the kids" so she could write the correct charge down on the ticket.
I swear it took me about ten seconds to come up with the answer.
How pathetic is that?
Does this happen to you too? Also, most of the time I call Nick...Be-Nick and I call Ben...Ni-Ben.
Always using some blend of their brothers name and their own together.
And every now and then I refer to one of the children using our dogs name.
It's not like I have an entire team (hello Mary) of children.
It's only the three.
You would think it wouldn't be so hard to pull up their personal information from my young*cough* *cough* 36yr old brain.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

By the way the Black and White picture is of your first son, 2nd child: Nick and he is eleven years old.

Mrs. Schmitty said...

That's so funny...I can totally relate. My middle T. just said to me today, "Mommy, you don't know any of our names, do you?" Now THAT'S pathetic!

Anonymous said...

I do the same thing and so did moma. Don't feel like you get the names confused because of your age. I heard Kai say the wrong name and he was only five at the time.