Friday, January 19, 2007

I've been tagged....and your next!

by teresa

The Page 123 meme...

I was tagged by Lisa to do this.

Here's how it goes.

1. Grab the book closest to you.

2. Open to page 123, look down to the 5th sentence.

3. Post the text of the next 3 sentences on your blog.

4. Include the title and the author's name.

5. Tag 3 people


In a period of twenty-four hours, fourteen missles hit Tehran. Since we had moved the children back into their room again, that night I pulled a small couch into their room and stayed awake reading until three in the morning. I read a thick Dorothy Sayer mystery, safe and secure with Lord Peter Wimsey, his faithful manservant and his scholarly beloved. My daugher and I were woken up at dawn with the sound of a nearby explosion.

Reading Lolita in Tehran
by Azar Nafisi

I tag Zephra, Mrs. Schmitty and Melissa.

Actually...anyone reading this post can do this.

I would love to hear what you are reading.

That means you Kitty, Jackie, Christin, Cherie, Melanie, Leslie, George, Jim, Beth, etc.

I know your there...

2 comments:

Watkins said...

"Regardless of how crowded your schedule is there's one inescapable truth that you have to face. You make time for the things that are important to you. Priorities aren't things you talk about; they are things that you live."

Family Relationships by Gary Chapman

Anonymous said...

WOW ... that's a lot of reading. Ben definately has that competitive thing going on. Go Ben (and Mom).