Monday, January 22, 2007

Laundry

by teresa

All I did today was laundry.
Nine tubs. Washed, dryed and put away.
There is still a tub in the dryer...in the washer...and two more waiting in the basket.
So here I sit...at ten to midnight(I put the first tub in around 7:00am this morning). Determined to finish this taskbefore I go to bed!
I obviously did no laundry over the weekend. So every hamper in the house was full. Also someone wiped their makeup covered hands on my cream colored shower curtain (I wonder who it was?). And the bathroom rugs had a strange stain on them that fell in the category of... I don't want to know. So there was seriously laundry in a pile past my knees.

I only got a break when I left the house for an hour and a half to take the kids to karate.

Oh...I did vacuum too. Chris and I finally broke down and got a new vacuum yesterday. So I moved all the furniture and broke that puppy in. I can safely say...there is not a speck of dirt, dust or dog hair anywhere in my house (at least in the places I can reach).

Also to add to the fun my hubby complained that he couldn't find some certain pair of socks to take on his trip tomorrow. Of course they are in the basket waiting to be washed. "where's my socks?" I swear I felt like screaming when he said they weren't in his drawer.
I wore a dang groove in the floor on the path from the dryer...upstairs to the bedrooms. But what good is it when the blue socks aren't in the drawer when your husband needs them?

Note to self......go to Sams club tomorrow and buy a gross of mens dress socks.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I admire your tenacity. I'm pretty good at getting the laundry all washed and dryed, but, putting it away is another story. Like you new vacuum.

Mrs. Schmitty said...

I hate putting away laundry. Lately I swear we've been living out of laundry baskets! I gotta teach those kids how to do it.