Sunday, February 25, 2007

I am so blessed

by teresa

Blessed
by Martina McBride

I get kissed by the sun each morning
Put my feet on a hardwood floor
I get to hear my children laughing
Down the hall through the bedroom door
Sometimes I sit on my front porch swing
Just soaking up the day
I think to myself, I think to myself
This world is a beautiful place

I have been blessed
And I feel like I’ve found my way
I thank God for all I’ve been given
At the end of every day
I have been blessed

With so much more than I deserve
To be here with the ones that love me
To love them so much it hurts
I have been blessed

Across a crowded room,
I know you know what I’m thinking
By the way I look at you
And when we’re lying in the quiet
and no words have to be said
I think to myself, I think to myself
This love is a beautiful gift
***********************
Chris and I had a date night.
It was long over due.
We dined at Imperial Palace. This place is so nice...the booths have curtains that close you in. A sweet old lady (who Chris had to help up from her seat) grabbed my arm, smiled and told me..."you look just like my daughter". She looked about 75 and she was dropped off at the curb by a lady who looked about 65. They ate and chatted a few boths behind us. I said to Chris that I could imagine that as me and Katy in 40 years.
Afterward we drove to his work so he could show me some new artwork that had been put up since my last visit.
Then off to Starbucks for a vanilla frappucchino and a mocha latte.
One the way home we gave a homeless man (he had a sign that read homeless and hungry) money.
By the time we got home (around 9:30.....I know...we are SUCH party animals) Nick was sound asleep. Lauren was sitting with him...and Ben was spending the night at a friends.
We took mom and dad our doggie bags (mom loves Imperial Palace) and sat and visited for a few minutes.
We came in...layed on the couch and watched a little tv then we went up to bed and read until we fell asleep.
*bliss*

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Woof woof. The leftover beef and brocolli was delicious. Thanks (wag).