Tuesday, February 27, 2007

by teresa

Just got in from soccer.
Phew!
I found the pump and blew up all the balls.
But I couldn't find the whistle. I think it is in Chris' car (which is at the airport).
I went to three different stores to buy a new one. They were all out! One helpful (teen airhead) did try to sell me a lanyard though. I was like...."uhhh...I don't need the lanyard unless I have the whistle to put on it". She "okay" (all ditsy like) and then flitted back to the counter to apply more lip gloss.
Real helpful.
So with no whistle I spent the hour screaming from one side of the field to the other to get the kids(17 of them)attention.
I now have no voice.
I also had to have a talk with the parents at the beginning of practice to go over a new "conduct contract" that the city parks and recreation created. Every parent and player has to sign it and abide by it. How sad that it has come to this. You actually have to sign a contract promising not to curse at, drink alcohol around or use rude gestures at the players, coaches or officials.
How different it has been coaching Upward basketball. Where we pray in and out of each game. Have a halftime devotion. And give out awards like...most Christlike and best effort and best show of sportsmanship.
I am so excited.
My bestest friend Mary is going to be a first time grandma sometime tomorrow. Her daughter Amber is being admitted in the hospital tonight and induced in the morning. Mary is her labor coach since Amber's hubby Rueben is in Iraq. Keep her in your prayers....especially you mommas who read my blog. We all know how unexpected and overwhelming those labor pains are your first time around. You can never really prepare yourself. But I know having her wonderful mom by her side will be of great comfort. Amber...if you happen to read this...I got three words for ya.
GET. THE. EPIDURAL.
Also...they have planned a Harry Potter Movie Fest to make labor a little more exciting. They are bringing a portable DVD player and HP 1-4.
I am so copying this idea in four months when Katy is in labor.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Upward certainly has been a blessing! I'm sorry to see the season end. Looking forward to soccer though. The Harry Potter movie fest is a great idea. When I was in labor with Chris they didn't even let the Dad's in the labor room. Lamaze was a new thing and we didn't learn about it until it was too late.

Zephra said...

What a great idea on the HP movie thing, I think I will have to copy that too. I second the EPIDURAL thing.