Friday, February 09, 2007

Good Morning . . .

By Chris

Since Teresa slept on the couch last night (I offered to move Ben, BTW), she left the crack-of-dawn alarm set in the room, telling me to wake her in the morning. Maybe I'm selfish, but why in the world did we both need to wake up? I mean, my only purpose of being awake would be to tell her that the alarm is going off. In my sleepy mind, I was thinking it would be much more efficient to just take the alarm clock down with her. I guess her hands were too full with the fan she took out of the bedroom with her. She can't sleep without that helicopter-like noise. So, morning comes and I actually found a creative wake-up technique. She had the fan plugged into an outlet controlled by a light switch (which was just behinder her head). The fan was sitting across the room, opposite the switch. Off .... on . ... off... on, I switched the fan, until she sat up, looking confused-like at the fan. Hahahaha. It must have seem haunted or something, turning itself off-and-on like that. It didn't even occur to her that I was right behind her at the switch. Finally, she turned, saw me and screamed. Real loud. I scared her. Hehe. There was punishment, though. She made me pick out B's clothes and get him ready for school. But, I am sitting in my office giggling now, so I suppose it was worth it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Now that was a really harsh way to wake her up. Did she sleep downstairs because of the snoring?