Thursday, February 08, 2007

I Can Blog Again

By Chris

I'm back in. Since the transition to the new blogger, I have not been successful logging in to get in my two cents; defend myself; clarify . . . and whatever else is useful to do on this thing. Teresa mentioned the new logging in method to me as we sat on the couch as I was watching a basketball game. Well. That was not something that really stuck. I heard it. But, not really.

Don't know why, but this struck me as funny. On my two-hour drive home today, I returned a call from my lovely wife. It went something like:

C: "Hey, I saw you called"

T: "Oh yeah. ODU called. They want you to wear white to the basketball game Saturday. They're having a White Out."

C: "Cool. I know that already from the Internet. It'll be great. We're sold out. Playing VCU. Gotta make sure we have Ben in a white shirt."

T: "He has one of those."

Has my boring life come to this? Alerts about what clothes to wear to a basketball games. I mean, did they call everyone? I thought it was weird earlier in the year when they called me to remind me what time the coming Saturday's game was (since it was not the typical time). I mean, several thousand of us have season tickets. OMG! Am I now on some sad list of the woefully over addicted and supportive donors and season ticket holders? It's also telling that beautiful talented wife knew this was news worth calling about very quickly. I don't really get calls during trips from her about much. Sick kid? That can wait. Bad kid? That can usually be told later. To be clear, it is very important that I know this clothing information. A White Out is reserved for only very important basketball games. It means all 8,600 of us are to wear white shirts to the game. Makes a big statement to the visiting team. In fact, I'm sure if I wear a white shirt Saturday, it will help my Monarchs win. Right?

One more thing. What am I to make of the stats that show the tale of my escalator incident is the single most popular entry in the history of this blog? Everyone loved it. Hmmm.

No comments: