Tuesday, February 20, 2007

I love rock n roll. Put another dime in the jukebox baby!

by teresa

The kids are back to school today.
I was supposed to go on a field trip with Ben's class...but Nick is not feeling 100%. And I didn't want to chance being away from the phone all day and have his school call. Chris is in Atlanta...so he wouldn't be able to step in.

We spent yesterday vegging on the couch watching movies.
The Ant Bully
The Wild
Open Season
They were all pretty good. Open Season was definitely the funniest.

I finished the book "Water For Elephants" by Sara Gruen. It was so good! It is a book about personal journey, growing up, life and death, poverty and riches, new and old. It is a fascinating story, sweet and funny and sad and loving and tender and smart(and that's just the elephant:) . . . I think it would make a great movie!

I went up to bed last night and Nick had crawled in with Chris. Lord! He hasn't gotten in bed with us in a long time. I tried to move him...then gave up and came downstairs and watched Ugly Betty and Reba online. The season finale of Reba was this weekend...so I caught up on the last few months of episodes I had missed on YouTube.

I finally did join the guys in bed. There was no budging either of them...so I slept in a 6 inch space at the foot of the bed. And surprisingly...I slept great. Woke up an hour before the alarm...wide awake and refreshed.

Ben (and the rest of us) enjoyed his birthday weekend thoroughly. Fun and food with family and friends. Jackie and George even surprised us Sunday night with an ice cream cake. Good grief! I think that's why we lazed on the couch all day yesterday. We were coming down from our sugar high.

The kids are about to leave for school...and you know what that means.
NO! Not laundry and bed making!
Guitar Hero is calling my name!
Did I mention that Ben got Guitar Hero II for his birthday? (remember Nick got Guitar Hero one for Christmas)
One Hot Momma (that's my bands name) has a gig in Oakland in five minutes.
I rock!

4 comments:

Lisa said...

You definitely rock girl!!

I am saying prayers for Nick. I hope he feels better very soon.

Pretty much everynight of the week Bennett will come crawl in our bed around 3am or so. I love it! He is still pretty small though and doesn't take up much room. Most nights my husband will get up and go get in Bennett's bed. He doesn't like anything touching him when he sleeps. I guess after you have carried a baby inside your tummy for 9 months you don't mind them touching you during the night when they sleep. Bennett is usually all over me. He will stick his little hands between my neck and my pillow to keep them warm. It isn't very comfortable but I still manage to get some sleep.


Blessings
Lisa

Lisa said...

You've been tagged! Check out my blog for details.

Lisa

Valerie said...

Rock on hot momma!!!
Thanks for stopping by my blog.

Anonymous said...

watching American Idol while reading blogs....multi tasking!

Reba is the best!

Amber got me hooked on it.

Found the series finale a bit lame though.

ANd where are the little kids???

lol

*hugs*