Monday, March 12, 2007

Finally...a moment to catch my breath.

by teresa

I can't believe I haven't had any blogging time in days.
I will sit and catch up on all my favorites tonight.
The past week has been super busy.
Lots of church, school and sport commitments.
And pretty much every free minute I've had has been devoted to the basketball slide shows (two of them...to music) for the awards banquet on Friday night. I have spent hours and hours on PowerPoint making them just right. I also took on the task of creating over 200 beautiful black and white photos (from the zillion I took of the season) of the players to sell to the parents this weekend. The profit will help ease the debt our church has from the start-up costs of this first season(goals,balls,equipment,curriculum,etc).
As of tonight...I am done with the slide shows. We went to church and ran them on the sanctuary computer/projection system. After about an hour of fiddling they were ready. And boy...am I relieved. Now I just have a little sorting to do with the snapshots. That won't be hard at all. I will sit and work on them this week while Chris is in Atlanta.
Lauren's senior cruise went great. She looked beautiful and had a blast with her friends.
Ben went to the coolest birthday party this weekend. It was at a place called kangaroo Jac's. The whole building is filled with those inflatable jumpy things. After an hour of jumping, bouncing,climbing and sliding...they go into the party room for pizza, presents and cake. What a neat idea.
Kristian and Kai are gone this week until Thursday night. Their dad took them to Massanutten to go snow tubing. I don't think Ben is going to make it without them. He has already had two major meltdowns *i'm so bored and I don't have anybody to play with* and it is only day ONE of their vacation!
Nick got a much needed haircut over the weekend. He was looking a bit shaggy. I always tell myself I am going to take him every couple of weeks to get a trim....so it doesn't get so out of control. But....alas. I forget..and he ends up at week 10 looking like forty year old elvis.
I went to Lets Dish on Friday afternoon and stocked up my freezer with yummy meals. So far I have cooked the crab cakes, Mexican pork roast wraps and sesame apricot chicken w/lo mein. It's been easy....and super yummy!
Chris and I watched the season finale of Six Feet Under last night. Oh my! It was pretty much the best ending of any show I have ever watched. Seriously. It showed you what every character ends up doing years later and then how and at what age they died. I cried so hard. Chris and Lauren looked at me like I was nuts. But it really got to me. I've always had a hard time watching people suffer....even on tv...also in books. I cry right along with them. I must have been dealt extra empathy genes or something. It doesn't take much to set me off. I think the movie I cried at the most (and there have been many) was The Passion of the Christ. I watched it with Lauren at home. Thank God. Because I wept so hard I threw up. That would have been a bit embarrassing in the theatre.
Well I'm off to sit and relax.
Here's a couple of Lauren's pictures from the senior cruise.


4 comments:

Musings of a Housewife said...

What a beautiful daughter you have, Teresa!

Zephra said...

She looks so pretty. I love that dress. I am so going o try Let's Dish...well, our version of it anyway.

Watkins said...

She looks so beautiful!

Now tell me where is Kangaroo Jac's?

Gidget said...

Melanie..it's in Greenbrier at 830 Professional Professional place.