Monday, March 26, 2007

“If it's not fun, you're not doing it right”

by teresa

First off....don't you guys love my pretty spring template? It makes me smile every time I click on it. Mary is so talented.

The weekend was wonderful. Beautiful weather and tons of fun for the kids.
Our first soccer game (Strikers vs. Dingos) was Saturday. We won 9 to 1. Kristian and Ben couldn't have given any better effort. They were very pleased with themselves....as were we.
And Kai's team won also...with Kai scoring a goal. He was so tickled with himself. He lept in the air and shot back across the field arms raised like he'd just won the world cup.

As we were packing up to go to lunch the ref. for the next game got stung by a bee (and she said she was allergic). So she left in a hurry. So we stayed and Chris officiated the game. It was so fun to watch. Him trotting after these kids (5&6yr olds), whistle hanging out of his mouth, grinning the whole time. Katy leaned over to me at one point and said, "is he gonna smile like that the entire game?" What fun.

After we grabbed some quick lunch (Subway) we took Ben home to change and dropped him off at the first of two birthday parties.
Then we headed to the school and played tennis. Phew! That is an amazing workout. I think I did pretty good. Better than Chris thought I would do. I won four games...but he won six. We both had fun and plan on going back whenever we can.

We accompanied Ben to the last of the weekend birthday parties yesterday. It was a bowling party and we knew all of the kids from soccer and Ben's school. I was so mad at myself for leaving my camera at home. We went by the tennis court afterward to play...but it was too cold so we only played about 30 minutes and headed home.

Nick got home yesterday evening from the camping trip. He said it was fun...and his favorite part was doing the devotion. Also he thought it was funny that his grandad fell out of the canoe in the lake. Sorry George.

We barely saw Lauren all weekend. She was either working, shopping or attending a school function. Once she finally got home last night she did the nicest thing. Nick was wanting a new inner tube for his bike tire...so she volunteered to take him to buy one. She also took my entire grocery list and they headed to Walmart and shopped. How sweet.

Today I am heading to church for week two of Easter egg production.

Have a blessed day!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I guess you like it then huh?

:)

It is pretty isn't it?

Musings of a Housewife said...

I don't think I'm seeing the whole template. blogger is being weird today. But I do love the spring colors!

Anonymous said...

I love your new spring template. It's very cheerful. George, I hope that water wasn't too cold and that you won't catch a cold.
I'm so glad soccer has started again. I love watching the kids play. They get better every year.
Have fun making chocolate eggs and talking with the ladies. And keep them away from my Daddy.

Zephra said...

Good Lord you are one busy woman.