Thursday, March 01, 2007

Withdrawl

By Chris

Second tour of duty in Atlanta this week is half over. I left my Blackberry in the car at the airport at home . . . and I am in serious withdrawl. I keep reaching for it. Longing for it. My thumbs are twitching. I have everything in there. Air iteneraries are in the calendar (I carry no paper on my hotels, flights, or anything). Appointment details are in the calendar. It's my main phone. My office phone calls it when I have a message there. Fortunately, it's all pretty much replicated on my laptop, but you can't really wip that out walking the airport halls can you? I've also discovered I know nobody's phone number. I just type the name I want to call and BB calls it. And, my emails pile up when I have it. Now, it is unmanageable. I'm struggling! It feels so weird not knowing if a new email has arrived and having to call in and check for voice messages, like the old days.

Got to fly through storms on the way in today. Yee Haaaa. Just like a bumpy roller coaster, but all was good with the Dramamine in full effect. There's tornados and thunderstorms all around here, it's warm and some trees are in bloom. Weird.

1 comment:

Gidget said...

I heard on the radio about the tornados. What a mess. And those poor people in Alabama...18 dead so far.