Thursday, April 05, 2007

“And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years.”

by teresa

I had fun at Lets dish yesterday. It was better than last month...when I was alone most of the session. There were three couples dishing together. We all chatted and swapped stories of kids, church and food. Maybe next month the man of the house will dish with me.

We were naughty last night. No. Not what your thinking. We skipped church and went shopping at God's little piece of Heaven on Earth...Target. The hubster and I bought the Easter basket goodies. Cause ...The Lord has risen....so peeps must be ate by all! And toss me another Resurrection jelly bean.
I was going with the whole Easter trough plan (even cleaned out the bucket from last year) then I saw some cool soccer and basketball baskets on the shelf calling out to me. They said..."Teresa...you must buy me. Roll that stone away *cough cough* I mean that cart away and reach up here and make all your children's Easter wishes come true". Really. That's what I heard.
Doesn't Target speak like that to you too?
You know it does.
That's why you go in there for tube socks...and walk out $80 worth of stuff.

Today I am spending time with my sister. It's a surprise. She loves it when I pop over (and bring food....I must bring food). I might even splurge for double hash browns...because today is her birthday. Her 26th. We will be having a combo party for her and Lauren(Lauren's b-dy is Sat.) this weekend. Twenty six years. Wow. The first five were great. I got to play with a new baby...dress her up...do her hair. Then she went all BRAT SISTER on me. And being the cool teenager I was...I couldn't stand her. She would act like I hit her to get me in trouble with mom. She would dump out my makeup on my bedroom carpet. She would throw tantrums in the middle of the mall. Then something wonderful happened. She matured and I matured and we became best friends. One of our favorite movie is The Color Purple. There is a part in the movie where a woman sings in a slow soulful voice...
Sista, you've been on my mind.
Sista, we're two of a kind.
Sista, I'm keeping my eyes on you.
We love that part and sing it to each other often.

It's so neat that we are close now...and our children are close. Did I say close? I meant joined at the hip. There is not a day that doesn't begin with Ben opening his eyes and asking..."is Katy and the kids coming over today?" And I say,"don't they come over everyday?" And he smiles and says..."YES!" It's also cool how close she and Chris are. Just like brother and sister. Remember...we started dating when she was 5!

So in honor of my sissy's (that's what she used to call me) birthday. I thought I would post two photos of us. The first when I was 14 and she was 3(when I still liked her :0) The next was taken just last year. Sorry about the quality. I need to scan them.

5 comments:

Lisa said...

Happy Birthday Katy!

My boys are 11 yrs apart too. will is 15 and Bennett is 4. I hope they will be as close as you and your sister are now when they get older.

Have a great day!
Blessings

Musings of a Housewife said...

What an awesome story! I don't have a sister, but I hope my girls grow up to be as close as you and yours. What gorgeous girls you are!

Zephra said...

Sweet birthday wishes to your Sis. They are are great...once they grow up.

And I thought I was the only one who heard voices in Target.

Anonymous said...

Target gets me every time I go in it. The prices are really great, which makes you get alot of things and then you get to the checkout and you've spent $100 just like that!

I love those pictures of you and Katy. I wish time would stand still for awhile. It goes way too fast. I'm glad you're so close now but I can still recall Katy saying "Mom, Teresa spit her tongue out at me" and "Mom, Teresa's looking at me and smiling (it was really a smirk) again [whiny voice].

Anonymous said...

Awwww...I remember not liking you too. And then one day my prayers were answered and you became nice. HaHaHa!

That was a very sweet post! Thank you for being a GREAT sister. I love you!

your way younger sister,

Katy