Tuesday, April 03, 2007

mine mine mine...the house is all mine!

by teresa

I get to reclaim my house today.
Chris was off all last week....and he and the kids were off yesterday.
I was also at church most days for the past two weeks (yesterday for 6 hours) making Easter eggs.
My daily routine is seriously messed up.
I will get the house back in ship shape order by the end of the day.
I also have errands to run.
Nick's Easter pants need to be taken to the tailor (that's right...I don't sew...at all!).
I need to shop for some shoes and belt for him...a tie to match Ben's suit and a sweater to go with Lauren's dress.
Have I mentioned that my sisters birthday and Laurens 18th b-day are this weekend?
Yep.
And I haven't even bought thing ONE for either of them.
And don't even get me started on Easter basket stuff.
I think I may do the same as last year.

Remember the Easter trough?
Another reason I am happy to reclaim the house is exercise.
I had started an exercise plan two weeks before Chris took off.
I was doing very well too.
I would walk every morning (jammin to Nick's ipod).
I was also doing an hour workout with a show on FitTv.
But I refuse to roll around on an exercise ball...or lean back and thrust my pelvic area....or bend over and *try* to touch the floor with my chubby jello arse (and everything else) poking out ...in front of the hubby.
Ya know what I mean ladies?
By the way mom...arse does not count as a curse word.

6 comments:

Musings of a Housewife said...

LOL! Too funny. I can relate. I refuse to exercise in front of anyone. Who am I kidding? I don't exercise At. All. LOL!

Zephra said...

I love FitTV. I do the yoga and slow aerobic shows.

Gidget said...

FitTv is great! We have a dvr system on the tv....so I can record all my favorite workouts(InShape with Sharon Mann and All Star workouts) and then do then when I have a hour to myself. Ben and I have done Namaste yoga together. He is waaaay more flexible than myself.

Anonymous said...

I'm not even going to ask what an "arse" is.

Anonymous said...

No ... arse is not a curse word ... and I should know :) I like what dcrmom said. I've almost bought an excercise ball a couple of time, but, figured I was just kidding myself. It would probably just end up something for the grands to fight over.

Watkins said...

Well I like the Easter trough idea - my mom used to have a huge family basket and we loved it. I made treat bags to take in my suitcase for the kids and his mom found baskets for the "big" day. I hope everything makes it on the plane ok.