Saturday, April 21, 2007

by teresa

Yesterday Lauren's school (as did most across the country) had Va. Tech day.
They all wore the colors and many former students who left for Tech this year came home and visited.
One...her friend Jeff. She has gone to school with him and his family for years. He has a brother who is graduating with Lauren this year.
Everyone was so happy that he was alright. Everyone was worried about him on Monday.
Well he left the school yesterday....and was killed in a car crash.
Lauren and I found out as we watched the news together last night.
She cried. Hours before she had been talking to him. Hugging him. Telling him she missed him.
I can not even begin to imagine the roller coaster of emotions his family has endured this week.
Pray for them. The Soriano family.
The reason we were watching the news in the first place was because a boy at Lauren's school brought a LOADED gun to school yesterday. Luckily the faculty was tipped off....and the police were called in.
It worries me as to what his intentions were with that gun.

One more thing to add to your prayer list...
A sweet boy at Ben's school lost his mother to cancer Thursday.
Poor little one.

Here;s the link to Jeff's story.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I will pray for Jeff's family. We just never know what tomorrow holds . . .we only know Who holds tomorrow.

Lauren, I'm so sorry that you lost your friend. I pray that God will comfort you, too.

Watkins said...

I haven't been online lately. I am so sorry to hear about Jeff. Praying for you and your friends. Mel

Sterling Dawn said...

oh my goodness, that is so horrible. i've been seeing things about a Jeff on my IRHS friends' away messages and things, but had no idea who he was.

i am so out of touch up here in NY!

miss you all!