Thursday, April 19, 2007

All of these lines across my face....tell you the story of who I am..


by teresa

I did nothing productive while the kids were at school today.
No laundry(my washer will not be fixed till tomorrow).
No cleaning.
No volunteering.
Well...I did make the beds. Cause I simply can't function if the beds are not made.
Then the rest of the day I read, watched a movie (Just Like Heaven with Reese Witherspoon...it was so good) played with the camera and napped.
Once the boys were home we did homework and went to karate.
After dinner we sat together and studied some memory verses (the boys are belt testing next month and really need to spend some time on verses) got in our jammies and they crawled in the bed with me and we read a book.
Chris is out of town till Saturday. He had to make an unexpected trip to Blacksburg to handle some things with the Relay For Life that was scheduled there this weekend. As you can imagine things need to be handled delicately and with complete respect for the school and community and all who have raised funds for the weekends events. So they needed the hubby to come and make sure things are correct. :0)
Tomorrow will be a blur of activities.
I have a school improvement planning meeting at Ben's school in the morning(8:00am)....a luncheon at noon (also at Ben's school)...the kids bible club....karate class and sparring (Nick)...soccer practice for Ben.
I think I need a clone.
There's a new show on ABC called Notes From the Underbelly. It's about a young married couple who find out their pregnant. All the highs and lows and changes in their lives. Advice from friends who have children and friends who are workaholics with no kids. The one friend who is a SAHM is my favorite character. She said the best thing in the last episode when her friend told her she didn't know how she could stand not working. She said,"Everyday I get to wake up and do exactly what I want to do for the people I care about. It may not sound like a job to some people...but I don't care. It's MY work...and I love it."
What a great comeback...don't ya think?
It's my new motto.
So....how about Sanjaya? He looked completely shocked when he was voted off last night. Crying. Are you kidding me? You stink dude. Sorry...but it's true. You seem sweet and your cute and a fun performer to watch. You just can't sing. You still get to be on the tour. But did you seriously think you were gonna win?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love your motto! What an awesome thing to dedicate your life and talents to the most important people in the world ... Son and grandchildren. Thank you, Teresa.
I'm glad I read this ... I almost forgot about Bible Club.

a.d. said...

Seriously, you don't have a single line on your face. And lima beans are a cool woman's food. :)

Anonymous said...

You don't look old at all, Teresa -not even close!!!

I'm so glad Sanjaya is gone. By his staying so long, I think we missed out on hearing some really great songs from people who got voted off too soon.