Monday, May 14, 2007

...and hot fudge was had by all

by teresa

Wow.
I haven't posted since Friday.
We have been so busy.
But in a good way.

Friday night Chris joined us at the Y.
The place was pretty much deserted...so we had a good time working out and trying every machine in the place. Then we let the boys get in the pool for a while ...as we sat and sweated off 10 pounds on the bleachers by the indoor pool. It was Hades hot in there!

Saturday's last game and party went great. We won the game 6 to 1. The other team was so rough (intentionally)...that it was a pleasure to beat them. Isn't that mean of me? It's just that when you see your kid getting kicked (in the stomach), or snatched to the ground by his jersey, or knocked off his feet from behind....you get a little of that physco mom thing going. I was videoing the game...and I am seriously erasing it because I sound like a screaming crazy woman. He even got smacked in the face after the game when the teams were shaking hands. Poor sports!.

The party was fun. Lots of food and the kids and parents loved seeing the season slide show.

My family really did it up for me on Mother's Day.
Some super gifts (purse, gift cards, handmade painted fish ala Ben), cards and dinner out(Italian). Chris and I taught Children's Church....so I even got to dress casual.
Chris even watched all the kids (Katy's and ours) while mom, Katy and I layed around watching home videos and eating some chocolate yummies(hot fudge cake...big, decadent, vanilla ice cream filled pieces of hot fudge cake).

So I am going to start my week off at the Y working off all the weekends indulgences.

4 comments:

Lisa said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful Mother's Day. I did too.

Blessings

Anonymous said...

Thanks to you, Katy and Chris for the wonderful Mothers' Day! I enjoyed every single minute of it and I'm so glad I'm your Mommy.

Gidget said...

Huh? I was watching the kids;)

Oh, and, Ben scored a goal.
Chris.

Gidget said...

Oh...you didn't realize you were watching them?
Didn't you notice we were nowhere to be found?
Teresa