Thursday, May 10, 2007

I'm a busy bee

by teresa
Just a quick update.
Lots of fun was had by all at the parents vs. the kids game on Tuesday.
I stayed on my feet the entire time (even though it was muddy and drizzling) and I even scored a goal.

Sadly I canceled the boys membership to karate. I have been having to twist their arms to go for quite some time. They just lost interest after two years.
But don't fret.....I found something to replace it.
I joined us (and by us...I mean ALL FIVE OF US) up in the YMCA.
The boys were excited...which made me happy.
I will post later about all the fun stuff the boys did last night ...and the workout that left me stiff as a board all night long.

I have lots to do today.
Babysit for Katy during her OB appt.
Order cake for Sat. party.
Pick up Chris car from getting inspected.
Read a book (just bought last night) for Sat. night book club.
Dig boys bathing suits out of the attic (they want to swim tonight after their workouts).
Finish the slide shows.
Make 15 copies of the soccer slide show for the parents.
Plus...all normal household chores.

Do any of you workout?
Tell me what you like...so I will know what classes to go to.
Pilate's? Yoga? Exercise ball? Aerobics? Spinning?



3 comments:

Lisa said...

work out? what is that?

i need to work out myself.

good luck
blessings

Anonymous said...

Right now I'm banished to the boredom of pregnancy workout videos. For group exercise, I like step aerobics. My favorite is something outside and alone, either running or biking. It gives me some quiet time to think and goodness knows I don't get much of that at home! In fact, there is a screaming contest going on here right now. I think I'm winning!

Musings of a Housewife said...

We love the YMCA. Ours has an awesome outdoor pool complex, so we use it all summer long. And our kids are in swim lessons at the moment.

As for exercise, I love to lift weights, but I haven't gotten back to that since having Rebecca. Uh, yeah, that was 19 months ago.

I have started walking with a friend first thing in the morning, and I'm really enjoying that. I hope to start lifting again in the fall, when the big kids are in school and I can put the baby in the YMCA daycare for an hour.