Tuesday, June 12, 2007

apparently...I snore

by teresa

My hubby let me know that I have recently begun to snore. This is a first for me. Usually I'm on the receiving end of the snore. The very loud...bellowing snore of my better half. I didn't believe him at first...but then I woke myself up I was snoring so loud. I just keep getting sexier and sexier in my old age.

Last night....right before 6:00pm we were walking out the door to Kristian's softball game. Then Nick says..."Oh mom. I forgot to tell you...I have an awards ceremony at school tonight". "It starts at 7:00....but I have to be there at 6:30." I asked Nick when he was told about it...he said he got the invitation last week...but forgot to give it to me. grrrrrrr
Lauren used to always forget to tell us school stuff too.
So I quickly called mom to take Ben to the softball game...and Nick and I left for school soon there after. As we were pulling up at school he said..." Oh...I'm supposed to dress up for it." We had no time to turn around and go home.....so he went in dressed in his dirty school clothes. I could have wrung his neck! He got a medal and certificate for excellence in math. I was very proud (ticked off) but proud.

Today's field day went off without a hitch. I let Nick skip school (it was movie day) to come help me set up...and then Lauren joined us a bit later. The weather was perfect and all the kids had a blast. Nick led the parachute game...and Lauren helped with the balloon toss game. Ben said his favorite game was jump the creek (a long jump game)...which he won every time. My favorite was the snow cone machine. I need to get me one of those.













Tomorrow is Ben's party and I can't wait till it's over and I can relax. I finished the sun visors and gift bags for the party and they look so cool. I already took everything to school...so all I have to do tomorrow is enjoy the day with Ben. Thursday I will do the same with Nick...and then Friday is all about Lauren.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nick couln't have waited any later to tell you about the awards thing, could he? Maybe kids have a contest going ... "Who can push telling Mom about somthing at school closest to the deadline". At least you didn't have to make cupcakes. Field looks like fun. Wonder what it is about the parachute that kids love so much?

Anonymous said...

Kristian saw the pictures of field day and said she can't wait to go to Norfolk Highlands. It really looks like alot of fun. I remember going to field days there with you and Katy. Remember the little red-headed boy (was it Harvey?) who came up to me and told me he wanted to marry you???

Gidget said...

Yes...it was first grade and his name was Harvey Scarborough. I wonder what ever happened to him.
He kept trying to kiss me...and Mrs. Seward put his name in the HOTBOX on the chalkboard. The HOTBOX was not where you wanted your name to be. Back in the olden days...our teacher could spank.

Zephra said...

I think i snore too but I will deny it to mu husband till my dying day.

Congrats on your sons award. I know you are proud even though he pulled that "I forgot" thing on you.