Tuesday, June 05, 2007

by teresa

I'm sitting on the couch ...enjoying the peace and quiet of the house.
No dryer going. No dog barking (he is sleeping at my feet). No kids running about (although that will change next week). No tv. Just the hum of the a/c.
I am sitting...watching the momma bird fuss and dote on her baby in the nest on my back porch.
She started with four big, blue eggs. She threw two out...one hatched...and she still sits on the last. I'm too short to peek in and check on the eggs progress. I don't want to touch the basket...so everyday I wait for Chris to come home and let me know how things are going.
Today I plan on working out and running some errands. It is super hot out(90's)...so I only plan on being outside from car to building...building to car.

I feel great today. I slept good...no tossing and turning. Just sound sleep. We were up late again watching Band of Brothers and Little People Big World (which we all looooooove). Have you ever watched LPBW? It's so entertaining...and the entire family can watch together. How many shows are there like that?


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love that show! We still haven't hooked up our cable (or gotten a tv for that matter) so it's been a while since I've seen it. The Roloff Farm is somewhere near me here in Oregon, so if you watch the show, you can see what the area I live in looks like.

Zephra said...

Not too many shows like that left. We still watch reruns of Cosby. Sara loves that!

Anonymous said...

Those bird pictures are amazing!

Anonymous said...

Enjoy the quiet for Friday it ends 'til September.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you had a really nice day. You could have gotten into the pool yesterday...maybe not, though since it was pretty full when I got home (13 people).