Friday, June 08, 2007

by teresa

Last night I was on the way out the door to Nick's band concert and I realized I hadn't shaved my legs in like....three days(or five...or whatever). Since I was wearing calve revealing capris I decided to run upstairs and shave real quick. Not a good idea to shave real quick ladies. Instead of lathering up real good....I just rubbed on some lotion and zipped my ladybic around my leg and was done in about 5 seconds. My legs are silky smooth.....but 14 hours later....they are still stinging like I slept with a couple of jellyfish in my bed. Bad move!

Anyway...his concert was super entertaining. I was surprised actually. Lauren has always played the violin. Now high school aged students playing the violin in remarkable. But a sixth grade violin concert (with 50 twelve yr olds screeching out three blind mice) is enough to make you want to rip your hair out to distract from the burning in your ears. But Nick's band ensemble (wind and percussion instruments) was really good. Lot's of talent...and even when someone plays a wrong note...it doesn't sound like a dying cat.

The search for the perfect graduation dress for Lauren is still in full effect...and seeing as it's day three....I'm getting a little desperate. So many beautiful things...but not made for a woman with boobs. Tiny little halters...or strapless sundresses. We need something with some support people! I am moving on to another mall today....and if I don't come home successful....then I'm going to encourage Lauren to go naked...and pull one of those graduation streaking pranks.

Once home from shopping ...it is high time for a thorough house cleaning. Just haven't been in the mood lately. Too much to do...so most days have just been tidying days. You know....clean counters...wipe out sinks...load dishwasher...make beds....no clutter. But...hampers are getting full...there's dust on everything...and my carpets need vacuuming.
I think I need to delegate.

2 comments:

Zephra said...

Try getting her a good strapless bra. Lane Bryant has a great one. It is $45 bucks but it holds up my DD puppies.

Ditto on the violin concert. It always puts me to sleep. Kamran plays trumpet and I was in band for 6 years, It was so much a part of my life and I am so excited for him to be in marching band.

Mrs. Schmitty said...

Ouch...my legs would have been a mess!