Wednesday, June 20, 2007

crayola = misery

by teresa

I knew it was too good to last.
My boys.......are fighting.
What are they fighting over you ask?
Religion? Politics? Money? Coke or Pepsi?
Nope.
Markers. They are all out feuding over freaking crayola markers!

I have been trying to fill their time with anything and everything to keep this from happening.
Work with dad, swimming, biking, visits to Katy's house, VBS, YMCA workouts, a trillion hands of go fish, puppet kit(they turned out so cute), errand running, library.....and what I thought was a great idea. Fuzzy poster coloring. I had to take some unused things back to Michaels....so I picked out lots of cool posters for the kids to decorate. This has been a long time hit (we usually take some on our family vacations to keep the kids busy during down times).
It started out fine. Then Ben took the blue Nick was wanting (or the other way around...whatever)....holy moly the drama.
I NEED THAT COLOR!
There are three others of the same color.
NO...THAT ONE IS BETTER THAN THESE!
Give that marker to your brother....and use this pretty one.
*Brother throws markers across room at other brother's face*
HERE...TAKE YOUR UGLY BLUE! I'M USING THE GREEN NOW ANYWAY!
Waaaaaaa! I was just about to use the green! Waaaaa!

What is ridiculous is that I have a trillion markers in this house. Fine point, fat tip, glittered, neon, scented, two-sided, dry erase, sharpie(the big 50 color set), twistable, etc.
But what do they want......the one marker the other one has.
Go figure.

When they fall asleep tonight I am going to sneak in their rooms and write..."I will not fight with my brother" across their foreheads. With a big blue marker!

5 comments:

Perri said...

Hilarious idea. I dare ya!

Anonymous said...

Haha! Be sure to take a picture!

Anonymous said...

I can't imagine what you're going through because you and Katy never fought over anything (ha ha). Don't let them wash it off before I get to see it.

Anonymous said...

I LOVE IT!
I remember fighting w/ my older sister when I was a kid because she took my colored pencils. I'm talking throwing punches and wrestling for like an hour all while she had those stupid pencils in her fat little fist. By the time we were done fighting they were all broken so we both lost out.

Valerie said...

Oh my if you do it please post a picture! Visiting from Zephra's.