Wednesday, June 27, 2007

I miss Lauren already

by teresa



We slept about an hour last night before our 3:00am wake up to take Lauren to the airport this morning. Ben made me promise to wake him so he could go too. I dressed him as he slept...and he was in zombie mode for the first hour or so. I bounced right up....excited and anxious. But sleepiness did hit me around 6:00am. After Chris dropped us off at home and headed to work....Ben and I went back to sleep till noon.
Lauren was calm...cool and collected. I don't think anything fazes that girl. She didn't seem the least bit nervous about heading to another country with no friends or family accompanying her(her past mission trips were with the entire youth group). A little annoyed by my many hugs, kisses and picture taking though. She was just ready to get the show on the road.

We will be praying for her safe trip there and home (and I ask you to do the same). Also that God will bless all she does and this trip will make a difference in her life and many others.
She will be teaching VBS in three different cities and painting a church in another. Busy busy busy!

2Corinthians9:12,13
12This service that you perform is not only supplying the needs of God's people but is also overflowing in many expressions of thanks to God. 13Because of the service by which you have proved yourselves, men will praise God for the obedience that accompanies your confession of the gospel of Christ, and for your generosity in sharing with them and with everyone else.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

May God bless and keep her in all of her comings and goings on this missions trip and throughout all of her days. I am so proud of her and I know that Nanny Dyer is, too.

Zephra said...

I already said my prayer for her.

The Yanceys said...

Our prayers will be with Lauren as she embarks on this increedible opportunity.

God Bless!

Anonymous said...

We'll be praying for her too! "Nanaw" and "Pawpaw" would be proud too. Isn't it cool how confident she is in all she dows? Just like her Dad :) I know this is just another leg of a lifelong journey of service unto the Lord for Lauren. Isn't it fun watching God use her and mold her?? I believe we're all going to be amazed at how God is going to use her.

Anonymous said...

I will definitely keep her in my prayers! What a wonderful thing she is doing!

Watkins said...

Teresa, Praying for Lauren today! Mel

Mrs. Schmitty said...

My prayers are with her!

Musings of a Housewife said...

Love that collage! I hope all goes well.