Friday, June 22, 2007

Never give up. Never back down. Never lose faith.


Have you seen this movie?
No?
Then go watch it now...and come back and we can discuss how super it is.
Go on....I'll wait.

Are you back?
Did you like it?
I knew you would!

Tonight's the last night of VBS. The kids have really enjoyed themselves...and I have really enjoyed the three hour nightly break. As Ben and I drove around town today running errands I spotted a church a few blocks away with a sign out front advertising a VBS starting next week. I said, "oh boy Ben...you guys can go there next week!" He said, "enough mom...if you see a sign saying...VBS...next week in New Jersey....are you gonna send us there too?"
Smarty pants!
It's just that I want them to have lots of fun...and not be bored....and leave me alone. And if I find something that can meet all those needs...and teach them more about Jesus. Well I say...sign 'em up!

Tomorrow we have three events to attend(a block party...and VBS cookout and a birthday party). All fun...and all for the entire family...so that makes it a little easier. It's hard when parent one has to go somewhere with kid B...and parent two goes somewhere else with kid C. It's also nice when kid A can pitch hit for parent one or two. I know most of my readers have youngins'...but just you wait till they are older (drivers license age) and you have an extra set of hands. It's a beautiful thing!

Before I go make dinner (tacos) I have a question to ask all who indulge me...and read my daily thoughts here at The Green Family Circus.
What is the current ring tone on your cell phone?
I've heard some silly ones....and I'd like to know what you have on yours.
Mine is....AT LAST...by Etta James.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've seen it twice and really love it. It made me choke up a couple of times. It's a movie that I'd like to buy so I could watch it again.

Watkins said...

I heard it about it from my sister - she said I saw you in this movie - the prayer warrior at school. Our church showed it this winter and even though I was sick and coughing I had to go see it. It was very encouraging to me. Gave me passion to keep praying!

Watkins said...

I agree - keep them busy and teach them about Jesus! VBS at my church and GNC are both in July! Come on over - I love Ben and his cousins! Mel