Monday, June 18, 2007

Taking the high road will always make for a more rewarding and sometimes difficult journey. But you will never get lost.

by teresa

What a great first day of summer vacation.
I hope it's a sign of things to come.
Chris took Nick to work with him today. He had some clerical stuff that was just right for Nick's busy hands. A co-worker has asked for Nick to come back tomorrow to assist him in the same capacity. Nick is thrilled...and Chris seems to think this can be a once a week thing. Hooray!
Ben was a super helper at home. We shared the chores of making the beds, emptying the hampers and cleaning the backyard. We also ran several errands and picked up some lunch.
When we were leaving the grocery store (putting the cart in the cart rack) we found a purse (full of money and stuff) in an empty cart. We hurried it in to the store manager and then returned to our car. As we were climbing in we saw a lady pull up....clearly looking for something. Before I could say anything a woman popped out from a car a few rows ahead of me(I had no clue she was there....you never know who is watching you). She said, "your purse is in the store....that lady (pointing to me) and her son took it in for you." The woman was crying and so thankful. As I was pulling off the woman who had seen us...yelled out ..."GOD IS GOOD!" "ALL THE TIME....I yelled back and we drove off. I told Ben that God had opened our eyes to that bag....that we were meant to get it. Some people would not have turned it in...and that woman would be in need of her things and money. I told him we were lucky that God used us to bless someone...and in return we received a blessing too. He said he wants to try to bless a different person everyday somehow. So that is his mission for the summer.

Matthew 5:16
In the same way, let your light shine before men, that they may see your good deeds and praise your Father in heaven.

Tonight we have split up the parenting responsibilities.
Chris has gone to Kristian's softball game with Nick, Katy and mom.
I took Ben and Kai to a VBS two streets over(which is every night this week).
I think I got the better of the two.
Chris is sitting in 95 degree heat watching a team of 8yr old girls try to hit a ball. I am sitting in my 68 degree house writing this post. VBS isn't over till 9:00...so I have three whole hours to myself. Praise the Lord!

Here's some pictures of the kids trying to beat the heat.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What an awesome witness and example you were to Ben and the lady who left her purse. I'm proud of you and thankful that Ben's heart was touched with a desire to bless others.

Anonymous said...

As He always does, God blessed you for your act of kindness. I'm very proud of you too. And of Chris for going to Kristian's game.