Monday, June 11, 2007

weekend in pictures


The first set of pictures is from our churches graduation ceremony yesterday. It was such a special service. The graduates were honored with personal slide show for each graduate. There were five high school grads.....all of whom are great friends. They have grown up in the youth group together...gone on mission trips together....spent countless hours at movies, in the pool and hanging at each other houses. The one guy in pic. next to Lauren is very special to us. Him and his family are super people and Lauren and Cohen have been a part of each others church lives from nursery to college. After church all our family and many more met up at a chinese place down the street and enjoyed food and conversation.



The next set of pictures pretty much sums up the rest of the weekend.
Lots of yard work...the kids fixing and riding bikes....grilling out (twice)....Katy and her kids enjoying the yard (and food). My favorite picture is Kaden with a mouthful of dirt. We looked over and she was eating it out of the wheelbarrow Chris had left out while planting some new flowers (yes my man plants!). That surprised look on her face is hilarious. One of the highlights of our weekend was Ben mixing us all up some strawberry daiquiris. They were so yummy! We just sat back while Nick grilled our dinner....and Ben whipped up smoothies. We should have had more kids....cause I could have really used a foot massage and back rub while waiting for my smoothie and hot dog to be ready.
This week is going to be busy...but exciting. Today I have errands (return things to the mall....which I hate to do)...and I must go to Ben's school and fill up water balloons. I also need to start and finish twenty one decorated sun visors for Ben's class.
Tuesday I will be at Ben's school from 7:00am to 2:00pm for field day. I am chairperson...and have tons to do.
Wednesday is awards and party day....and I am the sole parent signed up to help in Ben's class. Fun!
Thursday is Nick's party day so I will be running up there with food and to help out as needed. It is the last day of school...and a half day.
Friday is Lauren's big day. Graduation. It begins at 3:00...and after will be a family party.
Did I mention that Chris is out of town till Wed. night?
I think he did that on purpose.

2 comments:

Musings of a Housewife said...

Those are great! Congratulations.

Anonymous said...

Kaden will eat almost anything, won't she? I hope the weather will be good for the field day. I heard we were going to have thunderstorms, but hopefully they will be during the evening.