Monday, July 30, 2007

Don't go in the water

by teresa

My boys have been in such a frenzy in anticipation of this week. Why, you ask? It's the discovery channels annual...SHARK WEEK! They can't get enough of these shark shows. Hours after hours crammed with useless shark knowledge. How long do they live, what do they eat, can they eat a whole person, how many teeth, what's the biggest, what's the smallest, blah, blah, blah? Enough already....I'm over it....and it's only day two! As I'm typing this Nick is yelling for me to "COME HERE NOW MOM...AND SEE THIS COOL SHARK EATING A DEAD WHALE!" Lord help me.

Ben attended VBS at a neighborhood church today. He had a great time, saw tons of school friends and is excited to go back tomorrow. He has been performing the songs/dances and memory verses non stop since returning home. I can't wait till our churches VBS (Aug. 12-15). It's a water park theme(Take the plunge with Jesus). We had the meeting at church last night...and it sounds so cool. I will be the snack shack lady, Chris is on the cooking team, mom is running the kiddie pool (the nursery), Lauren is working with preK & K and Nick is on the teen praise team. It's a regular family affair! If you are reading this...and in town...please sign your kids up too.

Before I run off to whip up dinner for the fam....I thought I would post some pictures I snapped of Maya yesterday. She was two weeks on Friday....she weighs 8lbs6oz and is now 21 and a half inches (she grew and inch and a half in two weeks).


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awww, what a sweetie. Couln't ya just gently pinch those cheeks?!

My hubby and kids are just as thrilled about Shark Week as your group. We got to watch 3 hours of it last night. Oh joy!

All for His glory, ~Rhen

Anonymous said...

Thanks for visiting my blog and commenting. That is so sweet of you! :) Junie B. books rule!! I love your idea of giving them as birthday gifts. That is perfect. How can someone not appreciate those books. My favorite is Junie B. and the Loose Tooth. I have to laugh just thinking about it! LOL

Zephra said...

I just love cute baby pictures

Lainey-Paney said...

I just love to see a baby yawn...

she looks soooo sweet!