Thursday, July 26, 2007

The only thing wrong with doing nothing is that you never know when you're finished.

by teresa

Everybody who reads our family blog knows Chris, my husband is awesome. Super dad. Super spouse. Super boss (from what I hear). Super funny. Super smart. I love him....and he is liked by anyone who meets him.
But......yesterday.....Superman had a brain fart.
Do you want to know what he called me?
Lazy.
That's what the hubby called me yesterday when I asked him to fold a tub of clothes(while I was lying across the bed with a tummy ache). He reminded me that the day before I had asked him to clean up an accident the dog made. He said ....the house is your responsibility. He did a little giggle and some back pedaling after he said it(no doubt caused by the look on my face). But it was still there.
Lazy.
Maybe I should give him a little taste of lazy....
What do you think ladies?

Mom....no need for you to comment because I know you adore your son in law....and he can do no wrong in your eyes. If I were to go on strike you would come over and bring him home cooked meals , keep him supplied with ice cold diet cokes and pick up his socks from the spot on the floor where he tosses his clothes and rush them to the washing machine.

5 comments:

Zephra said...

I did the strike thing with laundry and my family has gained a new appreciation for me...at least when it has to do with laundry.

Anonymous said...

I DO love Chris and think he's great, but nobody's perfect except God and EVERYONE (including you, Teresa) deserves a vacation.

Give each other a break, guys!

Gidget said...

From Chris

Uh... Umm... I was kidding?? Uh oh.

Lainey-Paney said...

Calling me lazy means that I go on strike.
If you think I'm so lazy...then what happens when I stop washing YOUR clothes...or washing & putting away YOUR dishes...or picking up YOUR dirty laundry.

Uh-uh.
No.

And even if he back pedaled...it wouldn't be fast enough. I'd still make him pay for a while...

"Oh, where did I get this new purse? Well...I was feeling a bit LAZY today while at the mall, so I used your credit card to buy this to carry my stuff. You know me...so lazy and all...I needed something with better handles to carry my stuff...."

Lazy.
Humph.

Anonymous said...

From Chris

I'm officially scared of lainey-paney. Yikes.