Saturday, September 01, 2007

Beeeeee!

by teresa
Ben has an admirer.....and it's no secret.

It's Kaden...his 2yr old cousin.

She screams and squeals when she sees him and gives him lots of hugs and kisses. And believe me...that kid doesn't give anyone else hugs and kisses.

For a while she couldn't say Ben....she would just call him Bee. We would hear...Beeeee...whar yooou? She said it so much we all started calling him Bee.

Her nickname was so cute that it was a little sad the first time she said Ben. We even tried to correct her...."no Kaden...say Bee."

If only she liked her own siblings this much. But of course...that is not the case. She bites, hits and screams at Kristian and Kai (but that's how all siblings are). As many kids as Katy has in her home (remember...she babysits too) she will still call and ask if Ben will come over to keep the peace. Once he is there Kaden is on her best behavior. The only problem is...she wants Ben all to herself. She pulls him in her room to play Dora kitchen for hours on end. Of course he gets bored with that and sneaks out to ride bikes with Kristian and Kai...and she stands at the top of the stairs yelling..."Beeeeeen....cahmeer...whar yooou?"

I had this love (obsession) for my Uncle Jim(mom's youngest brother). Poor Jim. He was seven years older...and he had me tottering after him everywhere...everyday! He was always loving and patient and played with me without complaint (most of the time). My entire childhood...I can't think of a fun memory that didn't involve Jim. Playing tag, tossing the football, biking, skateboarding(on my butt), monopoly, building forts with our giant cardboard bricks and playing pong. He was definitely my favorite person. Just like Ben and Kaden.

Who did you have as a child? A sibling? Cousin? Neighbor?
Who were your fondest memories with ?
Put your answer in my comments.



6 comments:

Sterling Dawn said...

HAHAHAHA...i LOVE the song and the old picture. so great.

Anonymous said...

Love the pictures! I would have to say that my favorite person to hang out with when I was growing up was my cousin, Paul Trueblood.

Zephra said...

I don't think I really had anyone. My sisters and i did NOT get along at all.

Watkins said...

Two of my sisters were much older than me and my baby sister. Marti took care of me and Lori took care of April. I loved it when Marti came to visit; we would stay up all night talking/whispering in the dark. She wrote us letters; we were pen pals. She is still there to listen to me.

Watkins said...

This is the first time I've heard the music on your blog. How fun!

Anonymous said...

yep
My cousin David. He was my idol.

He was SO funny.