Thursday, August 16, 2007

Home

By Chris

As usual, I really missed the boat on my commitment to blog from the road. It's been a whirlwind of Atlanta, Raleigh, West Virginia, Atlanta, Durham lately, with some home in between. So, back at home, perhaps reflection is better than live from the road. Since Teresa regularly "gives me up" in this space . . .

Layin' 'Cross the Bed . . .
I've been home a couple of hours, and Teresa has disappeared. Happened while I was one the phone. She's good for that. "Where's mommy?" I ask Ben. "Probably upstairs sleeping . . . " Sure enough. A full fledged door closed, fan blowin', out cold, tag-your-it, welcome home, late afternoon nap. She calls it "layin' cross the bed." As in "I am going to go lay across the bed . . ." She used to say that years ago before she discovered her nifty disapparing act for naps works better. Her mom says that too. You see, it's not really sleepin' if you call it "layin 'cross the bed" Occassionally she will even disappear and "lay across the bed" at her mom's house even. Or, she will get me over there, sneak back home and "lay across the bed." Of course, when she does this, she risks my not realizing I'm in charge and letting Ben blow up the house while she is out.. That's happened.

Blondie
Below, Teresa blogs about dying her grey hairs . . . and mentioned going blonde. Hasn't happened yet. Darn. I was pretty , uhhh, interested, .... yeah . . . in what that would look like. I would actually take grey hairs though . . . any hairs. Which reminds me of another Teresa hair story recently. I have been pretty regularly wearing a hat for a couple of years now whenever I'm outside. I buy new ones often . . . for which I was questioned recently by loving wife. I explained I have to wear them a lot, and like them crisp (I prefer white ones, and they can look old quickly). "Why do you have to wear them?" she asked. I thought she was mocking me. I was like, Duh. She was like, no really. BECAUSE THE HAIR ON THE TOP OF MY HEAD IS, UHH, THIN, I say. She acts surprised. I thought she was being nice. "Bend over" she commanded. I did. "OH MY GOSH!" she says, covers her mouth and giggles at me. Meany. My shorty hadn't really seen the top of my head in a long time, I suppose.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hahaha! You guys are so funny! I remember the first time I noticed you were outgrowing your hair (you know, you get tall and the top of your head shows through your hair) was one day when you were sitting at my kitchen table.

Anonymous said...

Geez Mom...that is pretty mean! Your supposed to act like you haven't noticed him going BALD!!!!hehe.