Thursday, August 16, 2007

I am thinking cold thoughts...brrr...it's so chilly out. I better take my jacket.

by teresa

As tired as I was yesterday...my mind couldn't get to sleep until 3:00am this morning. This time I didn't make the mistake of just laying there in bed...tortured and awake. I came downstairs and watched movie after movie until I could no longer keep my eyes open. Have you ever seen The World According To Garp? What a freaky movie! I also watched a bunch of Dirty Jobs (with Mike Rowe on Discovery) that Nick had DVR'd.

One thing that contributed to my insomnia...was the warm room temperature blah of my house. When we arrived home from VBS it was to a humid home. Long story short...a pipe to the water heater thingy was frozen because I am a slack butt and forgot to change the air filters this month. They were all clogged...and that caused things to go wonky. After changing the filters, shutting down the ac...turning on the fan...and waiting it out for three hours....it finally defrosted and I was able to cut the ac back on again. (man...that was a long sentence)
It took until about 1:00am to get my house back to the frigidliciousness that I know and love.
Praise the Lord for ac. Seriously...I praise the LORD for A/C!

Lauren had some errands to do today. FedEx her broken phone back to Verizon(they already sent her a replacement), pick up her books from the ODU bookstore...and buy a parking pass for this next year of school. She was fretting all morning. Mom...are you coming with me? Uhhh nope. How will I know where to go? Uhhhh you ask someone. Fret, fret, fret. She was finally ready to leave...with the book receipt I printed off for her...the directions to the pack-n-mail I gave her ...the money for the parking pass(you don't even want to know how much they charge to park there) and her baby brother Ben. Yep....she took Ben with her for support. Good thing she didn't want to look foolish. An eight year old on campus shouldn't draw any attention to her. NOT! What a dork!

Before I head off to do...what I do...I wanted to tell the MIL Jackie....Welcome Home from her mission trip. Also...Happy Birthday. Can't wait till Saturday nights party.

I will leave you with a funny picture from the closing of last nights VBS. Remember I told you guys about the offering contest? And the one with the most money getting pelted by water balloons (by ever single child in attendance)? Well...all three adult (our pastor, a deacon and teacher/coach) were good sports and let the kids soak all three of them. Even though it was the deacon (SAM) who actually won(or lost...it depends on how you look at it).
After half of the children tossed at them...and them still not being very wet.....one of the men decided to take matters in his own hands. They had me distract them with a photo pose...while he doused them with a cooler filled with water and ice. Brrrrrrr!
Poor Kathy seemed to get the brunt of it. You can't even see her face in the picture. I love how Sam on the end...is still smiling right before it reaches him. And how pastor (on the left) is just feeling the power of the cold as the picture is snapped. The things we do to make our children happy.


One more thing. This is strictly for Mary and Eric (Joshs' parents). They live in No.Va. and read the blog (as do some people from Mary's office...hello everyone). I'm sure living three hours from you first grandbaby is torture. I took some pictures of Maya last night and thought you would like to see some. Enjoy and be blessed!



3 comments:

Sterling Dawn said...

whoa...maya looks like nick a lot in that middle picture. of course, everyone in your family has those beautiful allen features...they must run very strong in your blood!!!

i love seeing pastor, kathy and sam getting splashed. haha!

Anonymous said...

Hey Teresa!

Eric and Mary here - going nuts - checking out our little granddaughter...haha! what a cutie!

we're coming down on labor day - can't stay away for long...!

hope to see you as well.

thanks for the pics!

love, mary and eric

Anonymous said...

Oh my ... that's too much cute there! Love those eyes! I agree with Sterling ... those Allen genes sure are beautiful.
I read the book The World According to Garp years ago. It was weird, but, I remember loving it.
I feel for Mary and Eric (and all those grandparents out there that are far away from their grandkids). I thank God often that mine are so close. Thank you Chris and Teresa for keeping them close to us.