Thursday, August 23, 2007

I can bend my husband to my will with the powers of my meatloaf!

by teresa

Faster than your washer in the spin cycle...
More powerful than the smell from a twelve year old boys hamper....
Able to leap five foot tall piles of clean, folded clothes (that NEVER get put away) in a single bound....
Look! Up in the sky! It's a bird. It's a plane.
No...it's The Mighty Maytag Matron!

Today....is movie day here at the Green casa.
Actually movie/laundry day.
Maybe even movie/laundry/scrub a toilet day.
We are getting three movies from Netflix today...and Ben is positively giddy about it.
Finally his movie Firehouse Dog is coming.
You guys know how much that boy loves dogs.......and dogs that talk.....well that just sends him over the edge. I bet he stares at Shorty...just waiting and hoping for a meaningful converstion.
We are also getting Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (Lord help me) and My Side of the Mountain (the book Nick and I read a few weeks ago).

Nick is going to Busch Gardens with the youth group....Chris and Lauren are about to head to work....so it's just me...Ben....and a talking dog.
Oh yeah....and those full hampers!
Blah!

Why is it when I go to bed at a decent time (11:00pm)....I wake up exhausted?
But, when I go to bed at 2:30am...I hop right up....no problem.
I need to get my best sleep/rest schedule figured out soon with those early morning school hours coming up in 12 more days.

My MOPS meeting went great yesterday. I am very, very excited to be joining the leadership team. Apparently with my many layers of mothering experience (teen mom, single mom, working mom, stay-at-home mom, and with my role of super wife down pat) I have oodles of advice for these young, new mommies that we mentor and pray over. The official meetings (with the young'ins) begin in Sept. We pray, eat, have speakers (like cooking demos and organization experts), chat and CRAFT. Yes....we make a craft too. How cool is that?
Want to join? Click here to find a group near you.
I will still be participating in Moms in Touch...but with the meetings only once a month...it will be easier to attend regularly.

Yesterday's PTA meeting was good too. Lots of fun stuff planned for the school year..and I can't wait to get started.

I just heard the dryer stop....must go fold first load of the day.
Also need to order this shirt.
Super Mom Women's Plus Size V-Neck Dark T-Shirt

Note to hubby....
We are having meatloaf for dinner!
How much do you love me?

4 comments:

Watkins said...

My whole family loved reading "My Side of the Mountain" together. Thanks for the idea. Back to basics!

Your MOPS group sounds like a lot of fun. Enjoy! See you on Fridays for GNC and once a month for Moms in Touch if all goes well.

Zephra said...

Wait! "More powerful than the smell from a twelve year old boys hamper...."

You mean they can put clothes in hampers? I must learn this trick.

Anonymous said...

I LOVE movies with talking animals too! I miss Mr. Ed on TV. Wouldn't been love that show??

We're proud of you for giving of yourself to MOPS, MIT and PTA. Right, Karen?

Anonymous said...

Yes, Jackie. I'm proud of everything Teresa does...for her family and community. I'm also very proud of Chris.