Saturday, August 11, 2007

I have a dream....

by teresa

I had a dream last night.
It was crazy.
I put Ben to bed in a bathtub filled with water....and little bugs.
He didn't complain....he said he like to look at the bugs swim around in the water.
He also like the way they tickled his skin.
He was blue from the coldness of the water...but Chris wouldn't let me take him out when I complained.
I walked away...and when I came back he had fallen asleep and was slouched under the water level.
I yanked him up...and he woke and coughed up water and cried.
I tried to take him out but Chris wouldn't let me again.
I woke up.
My heart was hurting from the sad I felt in the dream.
I gave Chris a nudge (kick) with my foot....and went to check on Ben.
He was smiling about something he was dreaming about.
So bizzare huh?

I usually don't have scary dreams like that.
One dream I do have alot is that I am in high school again. Not a teen...I am my age but at school. Maybe I wanted to return for the free food and Jamestown fieldtrips. Anyway...I don't know where any of my classes are and I am running around frantically looking. No one will help me. Also...I can't remember my locker combination. In the dream I am sooooo mad at myself for not writing it down.

My mom said I used to sleep walk as a child. One time she woke and found me on the porch. Sitting there in my jammies...eyes open...asleep. Bizzare.

Speaking of my mom...she used to have a recurring dream that she cold fly. Not far up in the sky.....just about an inch above the floor. I guess that is more of a hover than a fly. And she would wake up flapping her arms. I love that!

Did you dream last night? Tell me about it...or whatever you most memorable dream was.

5 comments:

Sterling Dawn said...

i used to have a bizarre reoccurring dream: i was with my best friend from my class (whoever my best friend was at the time) and we had won a free tour of willy wonka's chocolate factory. during the tour, we got lost, much like charlie and grandpa joe do, and then all the oompa loompas start chasing us. we had to escape from the factory and the last thing that happens (every time) is willy wonka waving his cane at us from a distance. i had this dream at least once a year from age 6-13ish and remembered it every time. weird.

Zephra said...

OMG! I have the high school dream too. Same as you. i also have one where I miss the school bus or can't find my books. What is up with that?

I had a dream not too long ago where kamran drowned. I remember taking him out of the water and trying to do CPR. I will never forget his face. It will haunt me.

as for the sleep walking, my kids all do it. The older 2 have not done it in a while but Zain does it all the time. We think because he needs to use the bathroom. He will just walk around aimlessly. he can not understand anything you tell him to do even though he will respond when you talk to him. it used to freak me out but I am used to it now.

Lisa said...

I frequently have dreams of my children being in an dangerous situation and I can't get to them to help. We were talking about our greatest fears at biblestudy a few weeks ago. My greatest fear is that one of my children are hurting and I can't stop it. Several moms mentioned having the same type of dreams. I always wake up sweating and run to check on them. Sometimes my dreams feel so real it takes me a minute to realize it was just a dream.

Blessings
Lisa

Anonymous said...

I got a little further off the ground than that...about four or five feet. I've also dreamed about being back in highschool and being panicked because I couldn't find my way around or remember my locker combination. I'll bet alot of people have that dream. One other dream that I've had many times is driving down Azalea Gardens Road where the water is and the water completely covers the road and we are still driving on the road and I'm scared because you don't really know where the road ends and the lake begins. I'll bet one time when I was little my parents actually did drive through deep water on the road there, probably during a storm, and I was traumatized by it.

Watkins said...

I used to dream about flying when I was young. And I had the nightmare about not remembering the locker combo when in jr. high school. Now I have nightmares about going back to work. Sigh!