Wednesday, August 15, 2007

I think I need some clairol.

by teresa

I'm tired.
This week has been exhausting....and it's only Wed.
Tonight is the last day of VBS....so things will be much tamer after today.
I've had a good time...and the kids have been truly blessed by the songs, skits, stories, games and praise.

One thing they have enjoyed the most is an offering competition. Three adult leaders in the church have an offering bucket...and the one who has the highest total gets soaked by water balloons tonight. My kids have been scrapping and searching for pennies everywhere in the house and my car to add to the buckets each night. I wouldn't volunteer for that in a million years!

Our little border from church went home last night...since his mother was returning from Costa Rica. He asked his father if he could stay for a few more nights. Ben and him really got along well. But I was glad to not be up till midnight last night trying to shush them. Ben and Nick were out within minutes of laying down.

Today is the last day of our out of town family(cousins on my moms side) visiting too. We will head to the pool for day four of swim fun. The kids are so tan...and I have about 200 pool pictures.




Chris came home last night for Atlanta...and left this morning for Durham. We stayed up late last night chatting and watching a little tv (DOG the bounty hunter).

I hear Ben getting up now. So I guess I should go fix his oatmeal. That is all the child will ever eat for breakfast. Sometimes he has it for lunch and dinner too. He loves it. Nick and Lauren wouldn't touch oatmeal with a ten foot pole. Nick is a cereal man(cheerios)...and Lauren will eat whatever she can grab from the fridge first. No preparing...no warming...just something straight from the fridge. Grab and go. Always on the run.

Speaking of on the run. My daughter didn't even come home last night. I last saw her after church and she told me about heading to a friends apartment. This morning when we woke up Chris looked out front and said...where's Lauren's car? I called her and she said....oh...I thought I told you I was going to spend the night. Sorry. College starts in 12 days. With her job and classes...she won't have too much time to run amok anymore. :0)

She is adding gray hairs to my head as we speak.
And Ben loves pointing them out.....in public.
"Hey mom....you got lots of white hair sticking out."
How sweet of him to notice.
I think I will go to Walgreens and pick up some color.
Maybe I'll just do it big...and go blonde.



4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love oatmeal, too. Lately I've been eating it more often than cream of wheat. I'm really tired, too, but have really enjoyed watching the kids out by the pool. They have had so much fun with Kessa and are really looking forward to next year when all three of their third cousins (Kiera, Kiley and Kessa) come to visit.

Sterling Dawn said...

so it starts: the not coming home until wee hours of the morning, or not coming home at all. yeah...i remember those.

i hope you got pictures of the dunkee at VBS tonight...i had to work. :(

Anonymous said...

Mandy can fix you right up with blonde, maybe you should try highlights ... they hide the gray nicely. I hope to get to watch the kids play in the pool now that the Missions trip and what turned out to be my summer job are over. I remember those days of never seeing Chris ... I didn't like it either. I thought that by him going to college in town I would see him more than if he went away to school ... NOT! At least when they go away to school they come home for holidays. Thank you for giving us grandchildren ... it makes empty nest a lot easier :) I'm blogging from my new laptop George gave me for my birthday. Isn't he awesome?

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Jackie!!! We missed you while you were away. I know you're really loving birthday present.

Teresa. . . I think your hair looks best brunette.