Friday, August 17, 2007

In school, you're taught a lesson and then given a test. In life, you're given a test that teaches you a lesson.

by teresa


Ben got his teacher letter in the mail yesterday.
He was very happy with the teacher he was assigned to.
Do you remember that excitement?
Checking the mail everyday...looking for that schedule.
Then running inside and calling everyone you know...hoping for at least one person with a duplicate list of classes/teachers.
"Do you have second lunch?"
"What bell do you have gym?"
"What hall is your locker on?"
It's so exciting.
The fear of the unknown...mixed with the hope of new possibilities.
"This year I will make new friends."
"I will make straight A's in all my classes."
Nick is eagerly awaiting his...which should come sometime next week.
We run out to meet the mailman each day to see if it came.
I pray that he gets on a terrific team. With smart, fun, kind and patient teachers....who can be sucked up to by a mom who loves to bake.

Speaking of school....do not forget that tonight is the Disney Channel Premiere of High School Musical 2.
Ben has had it scheduled to record on the DVR for a week now.
He knows all the moves and songs to the first movie...and he is so thrilled to watch tonight.

4 comments:

Sterling Dawn said...

ah- i missed high school musical 2. man!

i guess i'll have to catch one of the five billion reruns on disney! :)

Anonymous said...

I am one of the few people on earth who did not like High School Musical. Yeah, I said it. I didn't like it, not one little bit!

Watkins said...

We missed the movie this time - I didn't read the blog in time. We'll have to catch it later on.

Watkins said...

Jamie said I am glad Ben is happy with his teacher this year. We won't get our letters out until next week.