Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Is it pathetic that the most exciting part of my day was running out to buy a new mop?

by teresa

Yep. I thought so.

I can't wait for school to begin. Not just to resolve the boredom induced sibling squabbles....but to get me working again. I know, I know, I don't really work cause I get no paycheck. But my many volunteer activities keep me busy...and being busy makes me happy.

Cleaning, laundry, groceries, cooking...not so much with the happy.

Okay....I admit it. Buying that new mop did make me a tiny bit happy.
Wonder MopI spent the past two days cleaning my house like crazy. Cah-ray-zee! Closets, drawers, bathrooms, etc. I have mopped, vacuumed, dusted and organized from top to bottom. Chris asked me if I was nesting or something. Now that the house is spic-n-span....I think I will take the boys to do something fun tomorrow after VBS. Maybe a movie....or bowling....or both.

I also need to run to the library...to pay a fine. I know....how unlike me. I owe a whopping 60 cents....so I must go pay and clear my good name.

7 comments:

Sterling Dawn said...

hahahahahaha!!!! i laughed so hard when i heard the mr. clean song as soon as your page popped up.

so great.

Zephra said...

.60? Ha! last time I owed a fine it was $12.25. Now THAT! is a fine.

Anonymous said...

This is so funny to me. I am hard considering getting a new mop. Here is the link to it- http://www.thecleanteam.com/productdetail.cfm?id=books
I get giggly every time I think about it. Can't wait to order!!! LOL Clean houses rule, yes? lol Does this make me pathetic? :)

All for His glory, ~Rhen

Anonymous said...

There is something immensely satisfying about having the house in absolute perfect order. It's a shame my own house so rarely is in such good shape. But I do love to buy new cleaning and organizing things so I totally feel you about the mop. There is an organization store nearby us that I have yet to go into because I know that if I do I'll come home with all kinds of baskets, crates, and grand plans that I don't have time to take care of!

Anonymous said...

Way to go on a stike, Teresa.

Gidget said...

Do you mean S T R I K E mom?

How do you know I am not on strike?
You can strike from more than just housework.

Just kidding!

Anonymous said...

All right now, Teresa...