Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Say no to drugs!

by teresa

School clothes...bought (we cleaned out American Eagle and Old navy)

School supplies...bought (we cleaned out Office Max and Office Depot)

Next stop....Rackroom shoes. They have buy one get one half off....and with six pairs of shoes to buy(school shoes and soccer cleats and Chris needs new sneakers)...I can't think of a better place to go!

Is it just us...or does your school have you buy enough supplies for ten children and most of the teachers? Nick actually had to buy 16 notebooks! And don't get me started on baggies, soap, hand sanitizer, tissues, etc. What's up with that?

Wednesday will be busy for us all. I have two meetings....MOPS (I have been asked to be a mentor mom) and a PTA meeting. Chris is taking Nick to work with him....and Lauren will be in charge of Ben. They are going to head over to ODU to pick up the rest of Lauren's books. I can't believe she starts on Monday.

Before I head off to bed...I want to show you what Jackie brought back from Costa Rica for Lauren. It's a pretty necklace she bought from a street market. She handed it to Lauren...and Lauren and I looked at it...and then at each other in disbelief. Here's a picture....see for yourself!
It's a marijuana leaf! We all thought this was so hilarious. Poor Jackie said she had no idea. She thought it was a palm leaf. Who knew that sweet Grandma was so risque!



7 comments:

Anonymous said...

You cleaned out Old Navy and American Eagle ... not to mention your checking account.

The necklace ... I guess there's nothing I can say.

Anonymous said...

It IS a pretty necklace, Jackie.

Teresa. . . I love that song, Puff the Magic Dragon. But it's so sad that it makes me cry. I couldn't believe it when I first heard it was about pot.

Sterling Dawn said...

it took me a few minutes to figure out why you played Puff the Magic Dragon. hahaha...i love the necklace! well, not so much the leaf itself, but the fact that jackie bought it. so great!!!

i need to add a soundtrack. this is just too much fun!!!!

Anonymous said...

We had to buy half a million glue sticks, but only 6 pencils. Then there were three packages of flat bottomed coffee filters (doesn't every kindergartener need a little pick me up from time to time?), but only one small bottle of hand sanitizer. The things on the school list are so seemingly random!

Gidget said...

I thought of another weird school supply list item. Cans of tennis balls!
They cut slits in them and put them on the bottoms of the chair legs so the floors don't get scratched.
CRAZY!

Anonymous said...

I missed Puff the Magic Dragon ... I guess that plug in hasn't been set up on my NEW LAPTOP :) That's too funny!

Sterling ... better watch who you let your Mom hang out with.

Zephra said...

Well, actually I still like the necklace...though I am not sure I would wear it. I like shiny things.