Tuesday, August 21, 2007

What a pleasant evening.

by teresa

The boys and I took a late night dip in mom's pool.
We floated around in the warm water....staring at the half moon in the sky.
Much, much better than sitting in the blazing sun of the daytime. Ben said..."aren't you going to put moon block on me mom?" ha ha ha
It was a nice wind down from our busy day.
I'm just kidding....we were pretty much lumps all day long.
Hours of karaoke and guitar hero competitions.
Then Ben played with his matchbox cars while Nick and I read another chapter of Sea Of Trolls. Later Nick played with the cars while Ben and I finished up Junie B. Dumb Bunny.
Nick also spent some time today in the garage working at his new hobby.....wood working. With scrap wood from our gate he has built a bird house, tool box and a Matchbox mansion is in the works for tomorrow. Pretty impressive. Ben is in awe of his big brother. He came and told us tonight that Nick is doing a good job...he's even using the "juice ruler". Huh? It took us a few seconds to realize he meant a level. You know....with the little bubble in the middle. Very funny. I informed him as soon as it came out of his mouth...that it was going on the blog!


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's great that Nick likes to build things. When he gets really good, he can make me some new kitchen cabinets.

Zephra said...

Juice rules...I had to read that a few times before I got it too. Very funny.

BTW, You take the best pictures ever. Thanks for asking about us. I am sorry I have not been around but this weekend was hell. We are far from the coast so no hurricane worries here. Thanks for caring.

Mrs. Schmitty said...

So much fun!