Thursday, September 27, 2007

Have you sent God a knee-mail today?

by teresa

Come_Together_Logo



Yesterday was See You At The Pole all around the country. Lauren used to participate in this every year...now I can't believe Nick is old enough to participate. Students (and a few teachers) praying together around their schools flagpole.
I love it!
He and two other students (and a wonderful mom named Angie Miller) started a bible club at school. They set up a table yesterday afternoon during "club day"....and he said he thought about 30 people signed up. Oh my! He told me he volunteered to do devotions during the meetings. I can't believe this is my shy son. The things God has done for him...through our prayers. He is now in all honors classes this year (after a horrible experience last year with a team of teachers and kids that had attitudes, low expectations and bullying and scandal). They did not recommend him to take honors.... as a matter of fact they tried to talk me out of it this summer when I requested it. I had to talk to several administrators and write letters to get it done. The woman told me..."When he does poorly...you can't change him back." EXCUSE ME? I told her I would never let my son do poorly. If he had a hard time...we would support him. That burned me up.
Well...Nick is doing great.
LOVES all his classes (except gym...but who likes gym anyway).
He does hours of homework each night....without complaint.
Actually...he takes his time...and has such pride in the outcome.
We are thrilled.
Also...he is doing very well at soccer....a sport he has never played before...and was too nervous to ever participate in.
We give God all the glory!

2 comments:

Watkins said...

This is awesome - prayer at the pole, bible club and Nick doing so well in school.

Can you add Jamie to your prayers - prayer warrior friend! We need this month to end so we can start over. Love, Mel

Anonymous said...

God really answers prayers. I'm so happy that Nick likes school and soccer.